A tip on extra wide images uploaded to Pixentral -How to avoid breaking the forum margins

R
Posted By
Ram
Feb 9, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Pixentral apparently builds the clickable thumbnail of uploaded images based only on the height of the image, not its width. As a consequence uploaded panos end up with an extremely wide thumbnail that breaks the forum margins.

The low-resolution copy of this image was originally 5791 x 800 pixels. Its clickable thumbnail brutally broke the forum margins—as can be seen here: Ramón G Castañeda, "Photomerge PS CS 4 of very blue sky results in false/too bright colours" #6, 18 Jan 2009 9:18 pm </webx?14/7>

I have now added height to the canvas by adding gray spaces on the top and bottom ofthe image in an effort to force Pixentral to build a more manageable clickable thumbnail of this now 5791 x 2896 pixels image file.

Caution, if you click on the thumbnail you’ll be downloading a grotesquely wide, large file.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1zeRqJLE23a1xkEgWm GVIOwwio8>

This seems to work.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Feb 10, 2009
Just received:Hi [Phos….],

Thanks for the note… Thanks for pointing out the issue; I wasn’t aware of the problem. I’ve been extremely busy with my job and haven’t had a whole lot of time to dedicate to Pixentral. But I will try to take a look at the code tonight to resolve the problem.

Hope all is well!

Best,
Carlo
R
Ram
Feb 10, 2009
Thank you very much for that, Phos.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections