How to get ImageReady CS slices into Photoshop CS3??

KF
Posted By
Kirk_Fetzer
Feb 9, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have several website interfaces designed in Photoshop CS and sliced in ImageReady. I update these sites weekly and need to work within the established slice areas. I now have Photoshop CS3 and none of the slices come with the file when opened thanks to Adobe dropping ImageReady.

Am I missing something here?

Please help. Updates long overdue to these websites while I try to figure out this problem.

Thanks.

Kirk

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Feb 9, 2009
Keep working in imageready if you are using it to make rollovers.
KF
Kirk_Fetzer
Feb 9, 2009
The slices are for the entire interfaces on database-driven ecommerce sites, so when a product photo changes, etc. I need to replace it and the new one needs to me the exact same size obviously. Given that the interface is built by the database, the various areas that make up the interface (page top, side navigation, etc.) are not in a single document. This makes the option of redrawing all the slices very unattractive.

Isn’t there some way of getting the existing slices out of ImageReady and into CS3 or Fireworks? Export as something and bring in as slices? Something?

Thanks.
B
Buko
Feb 9, 2009
do you have slices turned on in CS3?
KF
Kirk_Fetzer
Feb 9, 2009
Slices under View menu are on. The only slices that are visible are from about 3 of the 17 groupings of slices I had created in ImageReady. It’s not a layer visibility thing either, because some of the layers that are currently visible still don’t have their slices displaying.
B
Buko
Feb 9, 2009
do the slices appear in Photoshop CS?

You may need to open and save in PSCS first.

are you saving the file with maximum compatibility?
GB
g_ballard
Feb 9, 2009
I am still doing that kind of stuff in CS2 Photoshop ImageReady

I heard FireWorks was supposed to do these things so I loaded CS4 Fw, but got hit with a wall of learning curve

Suffice to say I am still opening these kinds of legacy files in Image Ready, but it is odd CS3 is not showing all the original slices, I would suspect something else is going on (like the file you retrieved is not the complete file you think it is, but that is hard to say from here…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections