GB
Posted By
Gary_Bunk
Mar 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I view images in Bridge it shows that I have either sRGB or Adobe 1998 color profiles embedded with images. When I try to open them in CS2 I get the dialog box stating they have no embedded profile??? I’m talking about jpeg files in Bridge. I have two color spaces I work in, sRGB for jpegs and Adobe 1998 for converted raw files either in tiff or psd. These load just fine as the have been saved as Adobe 1998. My profile setting have remained the same as far as I can tell, the mismatch and missing warning boxes are checked. Any ideas what might have taken place?

Thanks for any help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 2, 2009
Perhaps those JPEGs were Saved for Web without embedding their sRGB profiles?

Earlier versions of SFW didn’t offer the "Embed Profiles" check box.
GB
Gary_Bunk
Mar 2, 2009
I’m sure that they have all been ingested on this machine with this version or CS2. In bridge they show as being either sRGD or Adobe 1998. I have run several batches thru using 3 cameras. But thanks, any other ideas??
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 2, 2009
No.
R
Ram
Mar 3, 2009
If Bridge shows the profile, it’s there. Your Photoshop CS2 preferences or installation could be corrupted. Try trashing prefs first.

To re-create the preferences files for Photoshop or ImageReady, start the application while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?" or "Delete the Adobe ImageReady Settings file?"

That’s an excerpt from:

< http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=3314 83>
GB
Gary_Bunk
Mar 3, 2009
Thank you Ramon that seems to have fixed it. I can’t tell you how thankful am but I think I just did. Thanks again!!!!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections