SC
Posted By
Sossity_Corby
Jun 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I have software like photoshop that I bought in windows version, will I be able to run it in the Mac OS X; Tiger or Leopard? would it be fully functional? will adobe allow customers to get a Mac version for free or at a discount if they currently own a registered copy? ie; if I own a registered copy ( with Adobe ) photoshop CS3 extended for windows, can I get a Mac version if need be, for free or at a discount?

Are the Adobe photoshops cross platform? I have found a very good price on photoshop CS3 extended, & the computer I am currently on is a PC with windows XP. I will probably be getting my own computer soon, not sure of which platform, should I wait until I have my own computer, or jump on the opportunity to get a big discount on photoshop CS3 extended now for windows (what I am currenly using,) & if I get a Mac, run the windows photoshop in the windows program that can run on a Mac? I am not sure if my opportunity for the photoshop the discount will last.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
Jim
Jun 10, 2007
wrote in message
If I have software like photoshop that I bought in windows version, will I be able to run it in the Mac OS X; Tiger or Leopard? would it be fully functional? will adobe allow customers to get a Mac version for free or at a discount if they currently own a registered copy? ie; if I own a registered copy ( with Adobe ) photoshop CS3 extended for windows, can I get a Mac version if need be, for free or at a discount?
No, it won’t run. The commands are the same, but the underlying code applies to computers with a different operating system, a different instruction set, and a different file system.
Are the Adobe photoshops cross platform? I have found a very good price on photoshop CS3 extended, & the computer I am currently on is a PC with windows XP. I will probably be getting my own computer soon, not sure of which platform, should I wait until I have my own computer, or jump on the opportunity to get a big discount on photoshop CS3 extended now for windows (what I am currenly using,) & if I get a Mac, run the windows photoshop in the windows program that can run on a Mac? I am not sure if my opportunity for the photoshop the discount will last.
Jim
B
Bernie
Jun 10, 2007
No.

You would have to get a crossgrade, contact Adobe Customer service for more info.

BTW, this is the feature request forum, you want the PS forum, one level up
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 11, 2007

no t’ain’t. 🙂
B
Bernie
Jun 11, 2007

Well, I sure was confused when I wrote that…

At least my advice is good…
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 11, 2007
At least my advice is good…

ayup.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections