Posted By
Kyle
Jun 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey guys, quick question.
I am fairly new to Photoshop CS3 so bare with me if this sounds stupid. Can i resize more than 1 photo at a time. For example…if i have 20 picutres from my digital camera and I want them all to be changed from their existing size of 2048 x whatever…to 454 x whatever. Does adobe have some option where I dont have to open each image separately and then resize each image and resave each image in its new size.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 12, 2007
Kyle, this is one of the most basic functions of Photoshop. As you get to know the program you’ll discover a whole wealth of features that goes far beyond simply resizing photographs. After all you don’t pay £650 for software to simple make pictures smaller! Explore the Help files and watch some training videos – and enjoy the journey!

Back to your question. As for making those images smaller, never ever work on the originals. When you say "resave each image in its new size" – think of the consequences. Sure you’ll have an image you can put on a web site (or whatever) but what about when you later need a high quality print? Once you’ve discarded all those pixels you can never get them back.

In Bridge, under the tools menu, you’ll find something called "Image Processor" This is exactly suited to the task in hand. It will resize your images and save the new versions to a place of your choosing without changing the originals in any way.

Best of luck with it.

Chris.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 12, 2007
You don’t pay £650 for software to simply make pictures smaller!

Especially when Windows Explorer offers a batch resize, leaving the originals intact!
K
Kyle
Jun 12, 2007
Thanks alot Chris.

Greatly appreciated!

Kyle
SR
Scott_Roller
Jul 23, 2007
Here’s another part of Kyle’s question….Once resized (from, say, 22" x 42" to 5.5" x 10") in photoshop and saved, I find that when I email the photo and the recipient opens the file, it is still the original 22" x 42" shot (i.e. huge, and not able to be viewed in one piece on the screen). How can I ensure that the size photo I’ve saved and sent a file as will be what the recipient actually gets?

Thanks!
P
Phosphor
Jul 23, 2007
Emailing?

Batch process them to resize, and batch convert their color profiles to sRGB.

First, if they’re viewing them directly within their email client, you have to understand that they will be displayed in a non color-managed environment.

Second, unless they’re pros, it’s unlikely that any other image-viewing software they have will respect any color management parameters.

You never know what sort of accuracy the recipient’s monitor will display those images with, and sRGB is likely to be the best option for a color space which will satisfy most users, and come as close to maintaining on their end the color and exposure you see on your end.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections