DG
Posted By
Doug_Gage
Jun 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, and may I first say thank you for taking the time to read my question. I have seached and tried various techniques to try and achieve what I think should be a relatively simple procedure, but have got confused!
I have an image of the interior of a motorhome, but it has been exposed for the inside, thus the windows are burnt out. However,the photographer has, by accident under exposed a similar shot, which shows outside detail well.
There are 4 side windows and one large windscreen. I need to be able to cut out the correctly exposed outside views, and place behind the original burnt out windows,then remove the burnt out portions to reveal the correctly exposed areas underneath, within the existing window frame. (I hope I’m explaing this well enough).
To complicate things a little, the two images are not identical in positioning, so once I have selected the area that is correctly exposed, I need to enlarge it slightly before placing behing the burnt out area. Each window will have to be done individually.
If anyone would be so kind as to explain the procedure, or provide the correct line I should enter in the help section, I would be most grateful.
I am still using Photoshop 6 with Windows 98 (yes ..I ought to upgrade soon!) Kind Regards
Doug G

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 13, 2007
Very briefly.

Have both images open.

For each burnt out window: select the outline and feather it slightly. Go to the image with the correct exposure and select the corresponding outline. Press Ctrl+C to copy.

Go back to the first image. Do Edit > Paste Into; Press Ctrl+T and you can size rotate and skew to your hearts content.

Rinse and repeat.
FN
Fred_Nirque
Jun 13, 2007
Are the two exposures taken from exactly the same angle (i.e. without moving the camera?).
DG
Doug_Gage
Jun 13, 2007
Dear John,
Thank you for your prompt response !
That’s just what I needed .. I’ve tried it and it’s the ideal solution. Not quite sure how I managed to get myself tied up in knots when the solution was that simple! Thank you very much once again .. much appreciated.
Regards
Doug G
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 13, 2007
Cheers Doug 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections