GD
Posted By
Gisela_Danielson
Mar 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just upgraded to CS4 and cannot find Contact Sheet II under File>Automate. Went back to my old CS and pulled up the feature only to find out that when I went under Source Images> Folders>Choose… the chosen folder has all the photos grayed out.I’m on a MacBook Pro.
Help requested.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 15, 2009
Gisella,

Please see: < http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 404900&sliceId=2> for details

"CONTACT SHEET II AND PICTURE PACKAGE

"The ability to create contact sheets and picture packages as a PDF presentation is now available in Adobe Bridge CS4 Output Module. We highly recommend creating your contact sheets and picture packages this way."

Hope this helps

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 15, 2009
Gisella,

It’s now an optional plug-in. That said, please see: < http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 404900&sliceId=2> for details on how Adobe has changed how contact sheets are done:

"CONTACT SHEET II AND PICTURE PACKAGE

"The ability to create contact sheets and picture packages as a PDF presentation is now available in Adobe Bridge CS4 Output Module. We highly recommend creating your contact sheets and picture packages this way."

Hope this helps.

Neil
AW
Allen_Wicks
Mar 15, 2009
An IMO inappropriate step down from CS3, removing existing UI functionality for no logical reason. Just one more reason for some folks to skip the expensive CS4 upgrade.
R
Ram
Mar 15, 2009
The plug-in is still available for free, it’s just not installed by default.

Look in the Goodies folder or download it from the site.

Optional plug-ins/ Automate/ ContactSheetII.plugin
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 15, 2009
Allen:

The "functionality" was NOT removed: it was simply made optional.

The trend now seems to move functions that could be used by other Applications in the Suite into Bridge so that one module of the software serves all.

That makes all the sense in the world to me, and I am fairly certain that we will see more of that in CS5 — at which point the Optional plug-ins may no longer be offered.
AW
Allen_Wicks
Mar 15, 2009
Ann-

I am aware that one can still create Contact Sheets, which is why I referenced removing existing UI functionality rather than simply stating Contact Sheets were removed. Taking a simple step and making one learn a new way or go find out about a plugin is by definition a loss of existing UI functionality.

Such changes are negatives for some upgraders, and add to the high price as reasons to stick with CS3. Note that all the other new methods could have been added without removing the established method.
R
Ram
Mar 16, 2009
GD
Gisela_Danielson
Mar 18, 2009
Thanks Ann for hanging in there with me. I finally figured out my problem. When selection the source I didn’t need to have the individual photos highlighted but only the folder in order to proceed. After choosing the folder all I needed to do was go ahead and make my selection of settings in Contact Sheet II and than click OK and all the pix started uploading.
Hopefully my frustrations and assumptions will help you when dealing with future novice PS users. Thanks much…. Gisela
D
DavidASlade
Mar 18, 2009
I have spent a couple of hours trying to find the contact sheet optional plug ins on the Adobe site without success, can anyone help please?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 19, 2009
David:

Did it never occur to you to click on the Link that was provided in #6 — which was posted three DAYS before you "spent a couple of hours trying to find the contact sheet optional plug ins on the Adobe site without success"?!

8/

<http://www.adobe.com/go/kb404900>
D
DavidASlade
Mar 20, 2009
Ann

Thanks for your prompting I had another look and there it was, blind and daft again, so now loaded and functioning.

David
RB
Richard.B.Mann
Mar 20, 2009
I have tried all as stated in KB404900 and Picture Package still does not work in Photoshop or Bridge
Any help
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 20, 2009
PicturePackage certainly works for me in both Bridge and Photoshop CS4 but I am working on OSX 10.4.11 which may (or may not!) make a difference.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 20, 2009
PicturePackage certainly works for me in both Bridge and Photoshop CS4 but I am working on OSX 10.4.11 which may (or may not!) make a difference.

Are you sure that you installed it correctly and have you relaunched photoshop since installing Picture Package?
RB
Richard.B.Mann
Mar 20, 2009
Thanks for your reply
Yes could be. I am on OSX 10.5.6.I did relaunch Photoshop also rebooted the computer,
R
Ram
Mar 21, 2009
Richard,

As per my post #3:

The plug-in is still available for free, it’s just not installed by default.

Look in the Goodies folder or download it from the site.

Optional plug-ins/ Automate/ ContactSheetII.plugin

You do have to go look for the optional Picture Package plug-in, download it if necessary, and in any case install it manually as per the instructions, then re-launching Photoshop 11.0.1.
RB
Richard.B.Mann
Mar 21, 2009
Photoshop — File — Automate — Shows PICTURE PACKAGE
But when try to open I get a message "Can not find any layout files in Preset: LayoutI. Have also tried to load into Bridge with no luck.
All as instructions.
If you have had success can you let me have your instruction in both cases
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 21, 2009
But did you install the Layouts in your Preset folder?

You will find that you have two Preset folders: one in the Applications/Photoshop folder; and another one in your User/Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/Adobe PhotoshopCS4/Presets/.

You need to install the PP Layouts in a folder called "Layouts" in the former location.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections