GD
Posted By
Gisela_Danielson
Mar 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to import a folder into Contact Sheet II. The photos in the folder are grayed out. Not only photos in a folder but all photos are grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 17, 2009
What format, bit-depth and size are the photos in that folder?
GD
Gisela_Danielson
Mar 17, 2009
Ann, all 9 photos are JPEG, bit depth 8, file size between 952 KB to 2.29 MB. I can pull the folder up in Bridge and open them up without a problem. What baffles me is that all photos are grayed out.
I’m trying to do a 3D ball and have done it once before w/o any problem. Thanks much..
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 17, 2009
Are you using CS3 or CS4?

In CS4 you either need to use the Bridge/Output/PDF (via Contact template) method; or you need to install the optional Plug-in and Script and restart Photoshop (and maybe reboot too?) to use it from there.

The Bridge method is a great deal faster.
GD
Gisela_Danielson
Mar 17, 2009
Ann, thanks so much for trying to help me. I’m a novice and you might just want to give up…. I’m using CS4, have installed the contact sheet II feature since I was familiar with it. Just now tried your suggestion and was able to get all 9 pix as far as output preview in Bridge.
Here are the instructions that I’m following and had followed once before successfully while using CS:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKbUM5NLJ_g>
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 17, 2009
You will need to install the old "Contact Sheet II" software into Photoshop CS4 in order to follow that YouTube tutorial.

This Link should help:
< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 404900&sliceId=2#h5>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections