SU
Posted By
Steffen_Unger
Mar 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have several dozen 1" square patterns that i would like to use as pattern fills on a larger canvas size. I would like to define the pattern, resize the canvas and then fill the larger canvas with the pattern. I would like to automate this so i can select a folder with all my patterns and have the new larger files saved to another folder. But when I set up an action, i have to specify the pattern fill, so running a batch is giving me only the same fill over and over again. is there a way to set it up so that the fill is the LAST pattern defined? thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
J_Maloney
Mar 25, 2009
I think if you delete all patterns before you start and make an action that deletes the existing pattern 1 and then defines it, the action will work. You’ll need to crete a bunk pattern 1 before running the action.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections