LB
Posted By
lloyd_beard
Jul 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
using CS2, if I set the print size to be 11×14 (or any size actually) and use an ink jet printer at a camera store, the print is approximately .25 too large on all sides. I cut off some of my image. If I print at home on an inexpensive epson, the same thing happens. This problem is with all print sizes, 4×6 thru 16 x 20. What could I possibly have set wrong in Photoshop? Thanks for your help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BG
barry_gray
Jul 10, 2007
If you are printing borderless the print driver will enlarge the image in order to print to the edge.
LB
lloyd_beard
Jul 11, 2007
I understand what you are saying, but all my images are "cropped" no matter what size I set in CS2. It is not that they are only enlarged to fit space, but imagery is "cut off". Once again, if I set the image size (in CS2) to 8×10 and proceed to print the file, the image that I saw is cut off by approximately .20. The missing information varies with the size of the print I am making. If I set the print size in CS2 to 8×10 and print the image on 11×14 paper, the 8×10 image is printed at approximately 8.2 x 10.2. Again, this happens on all sizes up to 16×20 (that is the largest I have made)
Thanks again.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 11, 2007
Is your printer designed to print borderless? If not, it will cut off the margins it needs for paper handling.

(Edit: Oops, my error. I did not notice you saying you were printing 8×10 on 11×14 paper.)

Printing is handled by the print driver supplied by the printer maker you use. You might check to see if they have updated the drivers.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections