DP
Posted By
Don_Pullem
Aug 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use the font Mistrial to sign my framed images. I just upgraded to CS3 and Windows Vista Ultimate. I no longer have the font? I thought it came with Photoshop or Microsoft Word which I have installed on my new computer.

Anyone know what program the font came with? I need it for some pix I’m working on that I need to finish this week.

Don

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Aug 1, 2007
It’s spelled "Mistral." Maybe your search with the wrong spelling brought up no results?

<http://www.fonts.com/FindFonts/detail.htm?pid=201684>
DP
Don_Pullem
Aug 1, 2007
You’re right the correct spelling is Mistral. That’s the font I’m looking for. I see it’s $24.00 I know I didn’t purchase it. It had to come with a program that I had loaded on my old computer, but, I don’t know which one.

My old computer is gone so I can’t retrieve it. Anyone know what program comes with the Mistral font?

Don
P
Phosphor
Aug 1, 2007
Check your old installation disks.
DP
Don_Pullem
Aug 1, 2007
I found it. I had an old Maxtor external HD that I had used for backups on my old computer. I hadn’t used it for a couple years. It still had an old backup from 2003 of my "C" drive. I looked in the Fonts folder and there she was.

Phos thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, I appreciate it.

Don
DM
Don_McCahill
Aug 1, 2007
There are listings of the fonts in CS2 apps and later here

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.eea5b3a/>

See the sticky threads at the top of the list.

I have had Mistral too, and don’t know where it came from … Word Perfect, Office, or an older Adobe install perhaps.

It is always a good idea to backup your fonts, especially if you are changing computers.
D
deebs
Aug 1, 2007
MS Publisher?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections