How do I get image to jump to actual size, after resizing?

BL
Posted By
Bob_Lund
Aug 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop CS2 – Windows Vista

When I resize an image, I would like Photoshop to show the actual size, vice reducing the screen to a tiny image, and requiring me to hit ‘CTRL / ALT / 0’ – Help appreciated, IM

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Aug 6, 2007
requiring me to hit ‘CTRL / ALT / 0’

It really doesn’t get much easier. For an "enhanced experience" try doing the Ctrl+Alt+0 before resizing.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 6, 2007
Why the "alt"? Ctrl-0 has always done it for me. Or did they change that too?

You could hit the Fit on Screen button on the Options Bar.
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 6, 2007
Ctrl+Alt+0 – 100%

Ctrl+0 – Fit screen

Double-click on the zoom tool does 100% too.
BL
Bob_Lund
Aug 6, 2007
I appreciate all of your input, and all these methods work. However, let’s back up a step; Why does Photoshop default to a tiny image after resizing. I’m trying to get to the actual resize size without doing anything. Can there be a setting somewhere?
DM
Don_McCahill
Aug 6, 2007
Can there be a setting somewhere?

I don’t think so.

Why does Photoshop default to a tiny image after resizing.

Because people might prefer to see the image at the same resolution before something else happens. It is only a tiny image if you are cutting a whole lot of stuff away. If you are just cutting away a bit, it would be jarring for the resolution to change from 88% to 91% (or would it go the other way).
BG
barry_gray
Aug 6, 2007
When you resize the result will be the same as the original. Thus if you resize a 300 ppi image, that is displaying at 25%, to 75ppi your result will be 1/4 the on screen size ("tiny").
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Aug 6, 2007
You could just make an action of Image Size followed by Acual Pixels, and assign a Hot Key to it.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 7, 2007
tiny as in like .03 percent. i think it’s a bug having to do with the ignore palette option or something like that…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections