JA
Posted By
jo achin
Sep 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know I’ve seen this topic on the forum before, but I can’t locate the question.

I’m creating tradeshow graphics, and I would like to convert the photographs into duotones. Is there anything I need to watch out for RE: print production?

(Duotones will be PS EPS files w/ transparent background placed/linked into Illustrator EPS file)

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Sep 4, 2003
Jo,

w/ transparent background <<

You will need to create a clipping path for the transparent area as that’s the only way EPS can carry transparency.

If creating monotone ‘duotones’, a better way might be to convert to greyscale, save a tiff and use an opacity mask in Illustrator to create the colour
JA
jo achin
Sep 4, 2003
The photos were converted to grayscale, and then I changed the mode to duotone (black & red). Then I exported w/ clipping path, and linked file into Illustrator.

Why do you suggest the opacity mask in Illustrator? Will the color produce better?

Thanks for your reply.
L
LenHewitt
Sep 5, 2003
Jo,

Will the color produce better?<<

No, but duotones placed in Illustrator can be a little hit and miss <g>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections