Posted By
Anna Klain
Feb 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I would like to create a screensaver, using four phots (jpeg) and combing them in one – maybe creating one background (just a color) and adding the pictures in four circles…
I work with Photoshop elements (Version 2) but have only recently bought this program.

Can anybody here give me a helping hand? Am grateful for all ideas.

Anna, Berlin

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
Lenswork1
Feb 4, 2005
Hi Anna,

Do you really want to create a ‘static’ screensaver of one picture? Normally, a screen saver is a dynamic, moving screen, to prevent monitor ‘burn-in’, although I’ve been told ‘burn-in’ is no longer an issue with CRT monitors (not sure about LCD monitors).

Not knowing the pixel dimensions of your jpg’s, I will assume they are at least 600 x 400 ppi. If you want to create a one image ‘static’ screensaver of 4 different jpgs’s, 1st open a new file in Elements with a document size of 8 x 10 in, and a resolution of 72ppi ( you only need 72dpi for a monitor). Then open each individual jpg, do a ‘select all’
edit > copy and then paste onto the ‘new’ document. Do this for each
jpg. Close each original jpg after pasting. On the new document, arrange the 4 ‘pastes’ in the order/format you want them, and resize / crop using the ‘elliptical marquee’ tools, as appropriate. Save / name the new image.

Not knowing your DOS, I’ll assume Win xp – right click an open area on your desktop, select properties > ‘screensaver’ and select ‘my pictures screensaver’ in screen saver box > settings , then select folder where new picture is located, and select filename of new picture. Set other options (time interval, picture size as appropriate.

If you want the screensaver to switch between the 4 jpgs individaully instead of the ‘combined picture’, then select the 4 file names in the folder instead of the new file name.

This probably sounds confusing, but will work. Others here on the forum may have other suggestions. My screensaver scrolls thru over 200 pictures I have in a ‘family album’.

If you have any questions about my procedure, let me know – good luck !
PD
postman delivers
Feb 4, 2005
"Lenswork1" wrote in message
Hi Anna,

Do you really want to create a ‘static’ screensaver of one picture? Normally, a screen saver is a dynamic, moving screen, to prevent monitor ‘burn-in’, although I’ve been told ‘burn-in’ is no longer an issue with CRT monitors (not sure about LCD monitors).

Not knowing the pixel dimensions of your jpg’s, I will assume they are at least 600 x 400 ppi. If you want to create a one image ‘static’ screensaver of 4 different jpgs’s, 1st open a new file in Elements with a document size of 8 x 10 in, and a resolution of 72ppi ( you only need 72dpi for a monitor). Then open each individual jpg, do a ‘select all’
jpg. Close each original jpg after pasting. On the new document, arrange the 4 ‘pastes’ in the order/format you want them, and resize / crop using the ‘elliptical marquee’ tools, as appropriate. Save / name the new image.

Not knowing your DOS, I’ll assume Win xp – right click an open area on your desktop, select properties > ‘screensaver’ and select ‘my pictures screensaver’ in screen saver box > settings , then select folder where new picture is located, and select filename of new picture. Set other options (time interval, picture size as appropriate.

If you want the screensaver to switch between the 4 jpgs individaully instead of the ‘combined picture’, then select the 4 file names in the folder instead of the new file name.

This probably sounds confusing, but will work. Others here on the forum may have other suggestions. My screensaver scrolls thru over 200 pictures I have in a ‘family album’.

alt.binaries.comp-graphics
This is a good newsgroup to practice your graphic skills – they do a fun graphic challenge twice a week
Participating in this newsgroup is a way to use or stretch your graphic skills, now that you have acquired a good graphic program, PSE 2.

Anna, it is also a newsgroup where you can post your photo or photos if you find you need some assistance, trying to accomplish creating this wallpaper with advice Lenswork1 has provided .

http://myjanee.home.insightbb.com/tutorials.htm she has a list of Element tutorials that you can work through to understand more about your program and what it can accomplish – Janee has contributed a number of articles on how to with Photoshop and Photoshop Elements in various magazines and written a number of chapters in several PSE books.

Lenswork1 also gave you a method to rotate your desktop images, I use XP wallpaper changer program that I downloaded from Microsoft – If you want it can be downloaded from the link below. It will require a legal copy of windows verification, but most people have a legitimate copy.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ce1 d596b-6851-4948-ab76-b5ff22d37d69&DisplayLang=en

The program has controls that are a breeze to use, you can rotate to a new desktop/wallpaper image every 15 minutes, or longer. It also has 365 folders, so a special greeting can be placed into a single day of the year (A Birthday, New Years, or one for the Romantic Holiday 10 days away – Valentine Day). the rotation can be stopped, and resumed easily with this program –

This program facilitates different folders for different desktop themes (winter – summer – movie posters, your imagination is the only limitation)

For your information, there are newsgroups for wallpapers – The FAQ require Nudity in the subject line, so that style of image is easily avoided in the wallpaper newsgroups.

There are many different styles you can collect. I have a large collection of Comic Book, and outstanding photographs of Summer and Winter geographical images I use. my collection grows with more wallpapers, as I continue gathering in the different wallpaper newsgroups.

Discovering I change moods, I have allowed myself the pleasure of changing my desktop mood in the office or at home with a different image every 30 minutes using this program…

JR
AK
Anna Klain
Feb 5, 2005
"postman delivers" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
"Lenswork1" wrote in message
Hi Anna,

alt.binaries.comp-graphics
This is a good newsgroup to practice your graphic skills – they do a fun graphic challenge twice a week
Participating in this newsgroup is a way to use or stretch your graphic skills, now that you have acquired a good graphic program, PSE 2.
Anna, it is also a newsgroup where you can post your photo or photos if you
find you need some assistance, trying to accomplish creating this wallpaper
with advice Lenswork1 has provided .

http://myjanee.home.insightbb.com/tutorials.htm she has a list of Element tutorials that you can work through to understand more about your program and what it can accomplish – Janee has contributed a number of articles on how to with Photoshop and Photoshop Elements in various magazines and written a number of chapters in several PSE books.

Lenswork1 also gave you a method to rotate your desktop images, I use XP wallpaper changer program that I downloaded from Microsoft – If you want it
can be downloaded from the link below. It will require a legal copy of windows verification, but most people have a legitimate copy.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ce1 d596b-6851-4948-ab76-b5ff22d37d69&DisplayLang=en

The program has controls that are a breeze to use, you can rotate to a new desktop/wallpaper image every 15 minutes, or longer. It also has 365 folders, so a special greeting can be placed into a single day of the year (A Birthday, New Years, or one for the Romantic Holiday 10 days away – Valentine Day). the rotation can be stopped, and resumed easily with this program –

This program facilitates different folders for different desktop themes (winter – summer – movie posters, your imagination is the only limitation)
For your information, there are newsgroups for wallpapers – The FAQ require
Nudity in the subject line, so that style of image is easily avoided in the
wallpaper newsgroups.

There are many different styles you can collect. I have a large collection
of Comic Book, and outstanding photographs of Summer and Winter geographical
images I use. my collection grows with more wallpapers, as I continue gathering in the different wallpaper newsgroups.

Discovering I change moods, I have allowed myself the pleasure of changing my desktop mood in the office or at home with a different image every 30 minutes using this program…

Hello,

thanks a lot for all the ideas! I have already read some news in alt.binaries… seems interesting.
Thanks for all the other information as well.

Great weekend!

Anna

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections