Posted By
Ian Pollard
Mar 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
I am totally new to PSE 3 and want to superimpose facial features together from a number of different photos. I am trying out PSE 3 and would like to know how it is done. A pointer to some tutorials would also be very helpful. TIA.

Ian

Ian Pollard//Wooler//Northumberland//UK

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KE
Kevin Esther
Mar 4, 2005
You can use photoshop tutorials most of them work or you might need a work around.

This is just some of the sites i use

http://www.pslover.com/
http://www.swedesignz.com/index.php
http://www.arraich.com/
http://www.jkgraphics.co.uk this is my own web site for elements user but is under construction but drop by

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/ Elements site but you will need to subscribe

"Ian Pollard" wrote in message
Hi
I am totally new to PSE 3 and want to superimpose facial features together from a number of different photos. I am trying out PSE 3 and would like to know how it is done. A pointer to some tutorials would also be very helpful. TIA.

Ian

IP
Ian Pollard
Mar 4, 2005
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:33:52 GMT, "Kevin Esther" wrote:

You can use photoshop tutorials most of them work or you might need a work around.

Many thanks for the help, I have a little study ahead of me now!! I would initially like to know initially how I can superimpose one face on top of another to incorporate features into a final image.

Ian

PD
postman delivers
Mar 11, 2005
"Ian Pollard" wrote in message
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:33:52 GMT, "Kevin Esther" wrote:

You can use photoshop tutorials most of them work or you might need a
work
around.

Many thanks for the help, I have a little study ahead of me now!! I would initially like to know initially how I can superimpose one face on top of another to incorporate features into a final image.
Ian

Ian.

Layers, and the using the level of opacity is the start of a simple solution to your need for guidance … This is one of the things you need to learn immediately after putting both faces into one work area..

Blending is another thing altogether, but you load two faces in two separate layers or take it another step placing separate features of each face into different layers… your project will require more blending, but will be a better project.

Moving a layer from one file to another file…..

A. Open both files, placing them side by side –
B. decide which photo you want on top, left click to make that photo active, then chose/click on the Move tool.
C. Hold the left mouse down while dragging this layer to the other file, now this will make a second layer in your working file.
D. open your layer pallet and you will find the opacity box… Play with that on both layer until you are happy with the rudimentary blending…

Note: both files must be in the same format, RGB or Greyscale, for this to work. Also backgrounds might need to be eliminated… and so on, and so on, and so on…

Janee, provides a method (work around to use the feature not included in elements) Yes, "Quick Mask" and the "Pen Tools" were not included in elements, but are standard Photoshop features –

"Elmask" in Elements is a work around for not having "Quick mask".

The book "Photoshop Elements 2 – Tips & Tricks" Page 48 Combining Layers by masking

Beg, barrow, rent this book and learn to use the ELmask technique (a pain in the neck replacement for PhotoShop’s Quick Mask). "ELmask," is almost required learning for working with a layered project… Or cleaning up images to move into a layered project.

www..myjanee.com

Has many tutorials on line for elements.

JR the postman
IP
Ian Pollard
Mar 12, 2005
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:30:06 -0800, "postman delivers" wrote:

Layers, and the using the level of opacity is the start of a simple solution to your need for guidance … This is one of the things you need to learn immediately after putting both faces into one work area..
Blending is another thing altogether, but you load two faces in two separate layers or take it another step placing separate features of each face into different layers… your project will require more blending, but will be a better project.

Moving a layer from one file to another file…..

A. Open both files, placing them side by side –
B. decide which photo you want on top, left click to make that photo active, then chose/click on the Move tool.
C. Hold the left mouse down while dragging this layer to the other file, now this will make a second layer in your working file.
D. open your layer pallet and you will find the opacity box… Play with that on both layer until you are happy with the rudimentary blending…
Note: both files must be in the same format, RGB or Greyscale, for this to work. Also backgrounds might need to be eliminated… and so on, and so on, and so on…

Janee, provides a method (work around to use the feature not included in elements) Yes, "Quick Mask" and the "Pen Tools" were not included in elements, but are standard Photoshop features –

"Elmask" in Elements is a work around for not having "Quick mask".
The book "Photoshop Elements 2 – Tips & Tricks" Page 48 Combining Layers by masking

Beg, barrow, rent this book and learn to use the ELmask technique (a pain in the neck replacement for PhotoShop’s Quick Mask). "ELmask," is almost required learning for working with a layered project… Or cleaning up images to move into a layered project.

www..myjanee.com

Has many tutorials on line for elements.

JR the postman
Many thanks, just what I needed.

Ian

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections