RG
Posted By
Ron G
Mar 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I put a backup of 3.0 on my laptop for travel. Periodically it won’t load, telling me about invalid registration information, etc. and asking me to reinstall, which I can do easily enough. I can carry an backup installation disc when I travel, or use 2.0, which I kept on my system, but would like to know what’s going on and whether there is a simple registry or other fix. Incidentally, I put a second copy on a second pc and never had a problem. All systems run XP Home. All are on a home network with Zone Alarm and broadband. Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PD
postman delivers
Mar 11, 2005
"Ron" wrote in message
I put a backup of 3.0 on my laptop for travel. Periodically it won’t load, telling me about invalid registration information, etc. and asking me to reinstall, which I can do easily enough. I can carry an backup installation disc when I travel, or use 2.0, which I kept on my system, but would like to know what’s going on and whether there is a simple registry or other fix. Incidentally, I put a second copy on a second pc and never had a problem. All systems run XP Home. All are on a home network with Zone Alarm and broadband. Thanks.

Ron,

I agree it seems to happen more often than not… My current advice keep your version 2 installed, so you have a graphic solution when necessary.

Right now I do not have other better alternative to offer…

One of my co-workers purchase two separate copies and still has the same registration problem in two separate computers. If enough people telephoned Adobe this situation would be addressed. it has something to do with on-line off – line in my opinion – it seems to be continually checking validity of the software and this procedure fails often…

JR the postman
RG
Ron G
Mar 11, 2005
JR:

Thanks. I posted a similar message on the Photoshop.windows site and a reader familiar with the problem urged that I go in and remove all references to Elements and Adobe registration from my registry before reinstalling. I’ve done that we’ll see what happens. I’m not optimistic. How does one call Adobe without paying? I did send them a bug report. Their website reports on the problem, but only as it applies to Macs, and I can’t translate over to Windows. For the time being I will carry an extra disc with me when I travel. I may reload 2.0 but I was wondering if having them both on the same system might contribute to the problem….

postman delivers wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message

Ron,

I agree it seems to happen more often than not… My current advice keep your version 2 installed, so you have a graphic solution when necessary.
One of my co-workers purchase two separate copies and still has the same registration problem in two separate computers. If enough people telephoned Adobe this situation would be addressed. it has something to do with on-line off – line in my opinion – it seems to be continually checking validity of the software and this procedure fails often…
JR the postman

PD
postman delivers
Mar 13, 2005
"Ron" wrote in message
JR:

Thanks. I posted a similar message on the Photoshop.windows site and a reader familiar with the problem urged that I go in and remove all references to Elements and Adobe registration from my registry before reinstalling. I’ve done that we’ll see what happens. I’m not optimistic. How does one call Adobe without paying? I did send them a bug report. Their website reports on the problem, but only as it applies to Macs, and I can’t translate over to Windows. For the time being I will carry an extra disc with me when I travel. I may reload 2.0 but I was wondering if having them both on the same system might contribute to the problem….

postman delivers wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message

Ron,

I agree it seems to happen more often than not… My current advice
keep
your version 2 installed, so you have a graphic solution when necessary.
One of my co-workers purchase two separate copies and still has the same registration problem in two separate computers. If enough people
telephoned
Adobe this situation would be addressed. it has something to do with on-line off – line in my opinion – it seems to be continually checking validity of the software and this procedure fails often…
JR the postman

Since 3 is not an upgrade… or a replacement program 2 can stay on the system… I have never installed it afterwards… That would be something to try.

I have installed Illustrator 9 a number of times, after Photoshop and it always creates a problem, colors…

Yes cleaning the registry is a good suggestion.. I use easy cleaner to do that daily…
http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

A decent program, but get it from the programmer and not the sellers… Long story

JR the postman
RG
Ron G
Mar 15, 2005
On a recent trip 3.0 gave me that weird problem. Fortunately, the friend I was staying with ‘loaned’ me his and I was rescued. I had not thought to bring along my 3.0 and 1.0 discs. It worked quite well till both crashed out. I may try the reinstall just as insurance. There’s nothing worse than sitting on a transcon flight and having to reinstall a program, though Adobe makes it pretty easy.

As for registry cleaning, I swear by Fix It Untilities which allows all kinds of easy to do registry repair and defrag. Have used it for many years on several operating systems and it works like a charm. Does a lot of other good things as well.

Will let you know how all this goes.

/ron

postman delivers wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message

JR:

postman delivers wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message

Ron,

I agree it seems to happen more often than not… My current advice

keep

your version 2 installed, so you have a graphic solution when necessary.
One of my co-workers purchase two separate copies and still has the same registration problem in two separate computers. If enough people

telephoned

Adobe this situation would be addressed. it has something to do with on-line off – line in my opinion – it seems to be continually checking validity of the software and this procedure fails often…
JR the postman

Since 3 is not an upgrade… or a replacement program 2 can stay on the system… I have never installed it afterwards… That would be something to try.

I have installed Illustrator 9 a number of times, after Photoshop and it always creates a problem, colors…

Yes cleaning the registry is a good suggestion.. I use easy cleaner to do that daily…
http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

A decent program, but get it from the programmer and not the sellers… Long story

JR the postman

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections