CK
Posted By
Chris Kennedy
Mar 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone tell if it is possible to automate a batch resize an entire folder in Photoshop elements. The source and destination folder will always be the same as will the size. Ideally I would like to make the process in one click. I ‘ve read about recording actions in Photoshop but it seems fiddly. Is there an easy way.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JS
James Silverton
Mar 26, 2005
Chris Kennedy wrote:
Can anyone tell if it is possible to automate a batch resize an entire
folder in Photoshop elements. The source and destination folder will
always be the same as will the size. Ideally I would like to make the
process in one click. I ‘ve read about recording actions in Photoshop
but it seems fiddly. Is there an easy way.

Hasn’t this been discussed fairly recently? There is a Microsoft "Power Toy" that will do what you want. It leaves the originals and does not replace them.

James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA
B
BW
Mar 28, 2005
I did this today in Photoshop Elements 3 (you didn’t say which version you have). In the Editor, select the File menu, select Process Multiple Files. You can identify the source & destination folders or put the processed files back into the original folder (bad idea, I think). You can resize, change the resolution, convert the file type and even do some auto level/contrast/color/sharpening.

Unfortunately, I don’t know if the capability exists in Elements 2.

"Chris Kennedy" wrote in message
Can anyone tell if it is possible to automate a batch resize an entire folder in Photoshop elements. The source and destination folder will always be the same as will the size. Ideally I would like to make the process in one click. I ‘ve read about recording actions in Photoshop but it seems fiddly. Is there an easy way.
FB
Fat Bloke
Mar 29, 2005
On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:03:28 -0500, "BW" wrote:

I did this today in Photoshop Elements 3 (you didn’t say which version you have). In the Editor, select the File menu, select Process Multiple Files. You can identify the source & destination folders or put the processed files back into the original folder (bad idea, I think). You can resize, change the resolution, convert the file type and even do some auto level/contrast/color/sharpening.

Unfortunately, I don’t know if the capability exists in Elements 2.
I have v2. I’ve never needed to do this *yet!) but you could try File | Batch Processing
There’s no mention of "auto level/contrast/color/sharpening" though

HTH..

————————————————————

This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there. Pull the pins out to reply direct.
R
RK
Apr 23, 2005
I use this power toy on occasion, and it is easy and very safe to use. However, I find that in some ‘downsizing’ situations, particularly in reducing a very large file, it does not produce the same sharpness in the end result as working with Elements or Ifranview, which has a very fine batch processing utility.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections