L
Posted By
Larry
Mar 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to PSE 3.0, and digital photography. Is there any reason to use filters like UV, Polerizer, and color enhancements if you are using PSE 3? Aren’t those changes possible through PSE 3, so I don’t have to haul all of them around and change them out?

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jfitz
Mar 31, 2005
"warez" wrote
Is there any reason to use filters like UV, Polerizer, and color enhancements if you are using PSE 3? Aren’t those changes possible through PSE 3, so I don’t have to haul all of them around and change them out?

Duplication of the effect of color enhancement filters can be done readily in PSE3. The effect of a polarizer filter is, at best, much more difficult and in some cases impossible to obtain. PSE3 also fails to protect the front element of your lens so you may want to keep the UV filter although it is not needed with a digital sensor.
BS
Bernard Saper
Apr 2, 2005
Using Photoshop filters, etc. will work, but the result will be an approximation. How close youl get to the desired result depends on your skills in maniupulating the filters among other things. IMHO it’s always best to go with the original.

Bernard Saper

"warez" wrote in message
I am new to PSE 3.0, and digital photography. Is there any reason to use filters like UV, Polerizer, and color enhancements if you are using PSE 3? Aren’t those changes possible through PSE 3, so I don’t have to haul all of them around and change them out?

Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections