HB
Posted By
Herb Brown
Apr 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, hoping someone can clear up an area of confusion for me – when sharpening photo’s which is the better process?. I have been using Elements
2.0 Unsharp mask & setting the threshold to around 1, radius to approx 0.7,
& amount variable depending on the subject matter. I have recently been on a short course for digital photography which recommended using (on a background copy layer) Filter/Other/High pass – set to radius of 10, then going to the layer copy/change from Normal to hard light; then adjusting the Opacity to whatever suits (average around 36%).

———————————————————- Keep dancing … no one is watching!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MO
mike.osullivan3
Apr 17, 2005
Herb Brown wrote:
Hi, hoping someone can clear up an area of confusion for me – when sharpening photo’s which is the better process?. I have been using Elements
2.0 Unsharp mask & setting the threshold to around 1, radius to approx 0.7,
& amount variable depending on the subject matter. I have recently been on a short course for digital photography which recommended using (on a background copy layer) Filter/Other/High pass – set to radius of 10, then going to the layer copy/change from Normal to hard light; then adjusting the Opacity to whatever suits (average around 36%).
This is deja vu all over again. "Fred Scuttle" asked the same thing in almost exactlythe same words. These are deep waters indeed!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections