W
Posted By
w._david_conant
May 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can print any size photo great except a 4×6. For some reason I can not get the print to center on the paper, even though I check the center image box. Any thouthts, PLEASE

THANKS
David

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin Walls
May 26, 2005
Which version of PSE?
Windows or Mac?
If Windows and PSE 3, are you printing from Organizer or Editor? What printer?
W
w._david_conant
May 26, 2005
I am using PSE 3, Windows and I have tried both from the editor and the browser. When I set up to print the prevew shows it is centered, but it prints up and to the left on the paper.

David
CW
Colin Walls
May 26, 2005
Let me guess … an HP printer?
I say this an I have a vague memory that this is a common problem with this make. If that’s what you’ve got, maybe another user reading this can help.
W
w._david_conant
May 26, 2005
I forgot, I am using an Epson R 1800
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 26, 2005
I’d say to uncheck the ‘center image’ in the Elements 3 dialogue print preview box and check the option in your printer preference settings instead…under the paper tab in printable area…’centered>standard.
W
w._david_conant
May 26, 2005
That sounds like it would work but I cant find that paper tab option. Can you give me a little more direction on finding that option
thank you
David
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 26, 2005
not sure what tabs you have on your model…is there a ‘page layout’ tab ? Should be under there.
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 26, 2005
Or on the Main tab …under the ‘orientation’…the ‘show settings ???

I have a very bad screenshot here of your driver settings…barely readable.
W
w._david_conant
May 26, 2005
I appreciate your help. I will keep looking for what you suggest. What is weird, all other sizes are OK.
David
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 26, 2005
Dave, if and when you find it please let me know as I would like to know where it’s hiding as well…for future reference 😉

Looks like a real nice printer.
W
w._david_conant
May 27, 2005
Hello All
I finally got this figured out. It turns out that I had paper was for use in a printer that could not do borderless prints. It was not 4×6, it was larger with preforations so that the paper could be trimed off after printing. That was the old way of getting borderless prints. My printer was trying to print 4×6 borderless on paper that was larger than 4×6. The solution was to tear off the excess, making the paper 4×6 and then print. thank you all for the help

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections