Will Elements let me change format and resolution?

DT
Posted By
Denise_Thum
Jun 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I had PhotoDeluxe 2.0 on an old computer and it was great for my purposes. Now I have a new computer with XP and plenty of memory. I want to be able to change the format and resolution of photos and graphics, as well as doing basic editing (size, color, etc). What Adobe product should I get? I have the impression that Elements doesn’t do everything I want. An Adobe rep told me that Elements doesn’t allow you to change format and resolution. Do I need to get Photoshop?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin Walls
Jun 2, 2005
An Adobe rep told me that Elements doesn’t allow you to change format and resolution. Do I need to get Photoshop?

Tosh. Of course it does.

If you found that good ol’ Photdeluxe did what you want, PSE will do everything you want and a whole lot more. Unless you have some very specific technical need or are an advanced image worker, you won’t need PS CS. Just buy PSE and have a nice vacation on the money you saved.
DT
Denise_Thum
Jun 2, 2005
Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections