PT
Posted By
Patti_Tarlyn
Jun 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After selecting a custom shape tool to your photo how do apply? I have search all help and have found nothing.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

N
nannygoat
Jun 5, 2005
drag it out to the desired size
PT
Patti_Tarlyn
Jun 6, 2005
Thanks but after I do that how do I apply it? Keep the circle there? There is no word that says apply or save.
B
Bernie
Jun 6, 2005
Usually Patti…. when you click hold and drag the custom shape into place and let go the image sets itself to the shape… I’m taking it this is not happening…. now sorry if this sounds not so good but are you sure you have the "Custom Shape" and not just the "Shape" tool?????

david
B
Bernie
Jun 6, 2005
ops I got all befuffled…… I meant to say your asking about "Cookie Cutter" it has all the same shapes as the Shape tool….. as you hover your mouse3 over the tools in the tool bar a flag should pop up telling you which tool you are using…. make sure you have "Cookie Cutter" selected….

david
PT
Patti_Tarlyn
Jun 6, 2005
Ok David.. This is my problem.. I choose the elliptical tool. I now have the shape and size I want on the picture. How do I add apply? As when you crop a picture when you are finished you hit apply or ok. I am trying out this program before I buy it and I am flustered that I am unable to get this to work. I am sure it is something quite simple
MS
Mark_Sand
Jun 7, 2005
Patti,
What exactly are you trying to do once you select the shape?

If you want to crop the selection from the background, invert the selection (Select->Inverse) and hit the Delete key. If you are doing this on the Background layer, the deleted area will be replaced with the current background color. If you want your shape to be on a transparent background, first rename the Background layer. To do this, simply double-click the Background layer in the Layers palette and enter th new name or choose the default name Layer 0.

If you want to paste the selection onto another picture you can copy it to the clipboard (Edit->Copy or CTRL-C) and paste it (Edit-Paste or CTRL-V) to a new layer on the other picture.

Mark
B
Bernie
Jun 7, 2005
What Mark Said……
PT
Patti_Tarlyn
Jun 7, 2005
Thanks Mark..and David.. I have it now but no where in the help could I find these instructions. I spent 2 days trying to find them . Thanks again both of you.
B
Bernie
Jun 7, 2005
you’re welcome 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections