LM
Posted By
Larry_Moskowitz
Jun 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have 5 photos. I would like to put an outline border around each of the photos and place all five of them on an album page measuring 8.5" x 11". The album page creator in Photoshop Elements 3.0 only allows me to put 4 photos on a page. How can I get these five bordered photos on a page, arranged to my liking?

I’m using Windows XP. I’ve spent a fair amount of time trying to figure this out. All help will be greatly appreciated. Larry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Jun 6, 2005

1. resize each photo the the size you want
2. open new page (Blank) make 8.5 X 11. Make as Solid Colour of your choise
3. Drag and drop each photo on the blank page (This creates a seperate layer for each one)
4. Use the move tool to place

Do you know how to make the border on each photo????

david
LM
Larry_Moskowitz
Jun 7, 2005
David,

Your directions on bringing photos onto a blank white page worked like a charm. It turns out I can use the Move Tool not only to reposition the photos, but also re size them by dragging a corner while holding down the Shift key to maintain aspect ratio. I am having a bit of difficulty putting a border around each photo. If you don’t mind, can you share your wisdom with me on that topic? Best regards, Larry.
B
Bernie
Jun 7, 2005
sure….

with each of the photos you wish to add boarder to here is an easy one….

1. open image go IMAGE>RESIZE>CANVAS SIZE
2. just add to the demensions say 1/4 inch click ok

that should give you a boarder of what ever colour you have your Backgropund sent to…. remember "D" key resets to Black fore and White Background….

Now if you want some fun looking boarders go to this loink and click the Video Tutorial for Boarders…

<http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/videotips/#>

let us know how it goes…

P.S. with the move tool.. go into Image>Transform … then plkay around….. make the move tool interesting.. 😀

david
KS
Karin_Sue
Jun 7, 2005
An alternate method for borders:

Select the photo you want a border for: control click on the layer thumbnail. Edit>Stroke
You will get options for width, color, and placement (center, inside, outside). This puts a line around your selection.

I like to put it on a new layer (make sure a new blank layer is the active layer before going to edit stroke)

Then go to style/effects to add drop shadows or embossing if you like.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections