P
Posted By
Phideaux
Jun 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Elements 3 with Camera Raw 3.1 and I am using a Nikon D2X. When I open a nef. file into the Raw converter, I get a simple screen with a thumbnail picture, one slider called exposure comp. and a white balance pull down menu. I have two books that discuss the Raw converter and both of these show a elaborate screen with several sliders, some of which are auto (but can be turned off) a histogram and several other boxes. What gives? Why am i not getting this more elaborate screen?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 7, 2005
Did you install the Nikon software after Elements was already on the computer? Look in your plugin folder; I suspect the Nikon plugin went in there and has overridden (overrode?!) the Camera Raw. Try pulling the Nikon plugin out and see what happens.
P
Phideaux
Jun 7, 2005
Hi Beth, I don’t have any Nikon software on my computer. I checked the plug-in folder and the only thing showing is the Adobe DNG and Camera Raw 3.1 which I downloaded to enable using the D2X Raw files. Any other thoughts or places I should look?

Thanks,
Larry Allen aka Phideaux
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 7, 2005
I did a forum search for Nikon NEF, because I knew this had come up before. Unfortunately, I didn’t find anything besides the advice I’d already given, except for this:

I got it! That file is hidden fairly well. I was only looking for the .8Bi file extension… then I started noticing several files with that extension, so I looked a little harder and found in the Plug-ins\Editor Only\File Formats and there she was "Nikon NEF Plugin". All’s good again.

Here’s another thread where this is discussed, but, aside from Nikon software taking over, I didn’t find anything else that looked useful. We can hope someone else floats by.

Russ MacDonald, "PSE3 NEF (RAW) Editor has changed" #1, 1 Jun 2005 5:31 am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>
P
Phideaux
Jun 7, 2005
Beth, thanks very much. Before you had posted your last message, I was searching around in looking for the Nikon nef. plug-in. As your second message indicates it is located in the Editor Only plug-ins. I moved it out of there and now everything is working fine. The Nikon plug-in was coming up before the ACR plug-in.

These forums are a life saver, with no one to talk to I would have stumbled around forever with out finding this.

Thanks again
Larry Allen aka Phideaux
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 7, 2005
Success! I’m sure glad, because I was out of ideas, and I didn’t see people scrambling to your rescue with other suggestions!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections