JL
Posted By
Jeffrey_Lamb
Jun 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t use PSE all that often, but today I needed it – and half my fonts are missing! Notning is amiss is my OS X Font Book nor in any other application. However, when I pull down the menu in PSE to choose the font i want (Optima) – it is not there. In fact, all fonts beginning with the letter N-Y are missing. The fonts end with Minima and then jump to Zotheque!

Any thoughts? I have a total of 679 fonts installed – is it possible I maxed out PSE ability to list fonts?

I am running Tiger on a 15" aluminum Powerbook. I tried reinstalling PSE, but this changed nothing.

Thanks for any advice.

Jeffrey

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 9, 2005
is it possible I maxed out PSE ability to list fonts?

Yes. Try removing, say, half your fonts and see if the remainder all show up.
JL
Jeffrey_Lamb
Jun 9, 2005
Thanks Barbara – that indeed was the problem. I went through and began removing redundant fonts and some I just don’t like. As I removed about 50 fonts from the beginning of the alphabet, fonts from n-p began showing up. I wonder what the actual numerical maximum of fonts that will display happens to be, and why such a thing wouldn’t be documented? I guess I will know soon enough…

Thanks for you help…

Jeffrey

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections