john russell
Jun 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How to whiten teeth using photoshop 6. Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
bob
Jun 19, 2005
john russell wrote:
How to whiten teeth using photoshop 6?? Thanks

Here’s a way I’ve discovered that’s fast, simple, effective and avoids Photoshop’s "17 easy steps to…" syndrome:

Use the Dodge Tool, but set for MIDTONES (yes, it’s
counter-intuitive)at between 30-50%.

I find this always avoids the Dracula effect on subjects and gives just the right less-is-more touch you want in good retouching.

Also works well on the whites of eyes.

Bob Rowen
Websites, Portraits and Studio Photography
T2
toogood_2b_truenospam
Jul 2, 2006
Hi,
This is how I do it in Elements3. Use lassoo tool to select the teeth. Feather selection to about 1 pixel. Then Enhance/Adjust colour and select Hue/Saturation and choose Yellows from the drop down at the top. Drag Saturation slider to the left to remove any yellowing from the teeth. Return the drop down menu to Master and drag the lightness slider to the right to brighten and whiten the teeth. Be careful not to drag it too far otherwise the retouch will be obvious.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Martin

remove nospam

"john russell" wrote in message
How to whiten teeth using photoshop 6. Thanks

JS
James Silverton
Jul 2, 2006
M wrote on Sun, 2 Jul 2006 13:25:59 +0100:

MC> Hope this helps

MC> Cheers,

MC> Martin

MC> remove nospam

At least heed the warnings of the Irish Dental Association and don’t use household bleach. This appears to be a hazard in Ireland!

James Silverton.
AG
AKA gray asphalt
Jul 9, 2006
I use the tobacco tool and set it to level 3.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections