Xeon
Oct 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!

I currently have PhotoShop 7.0.
Does anyone knows of any Photoshop plug-in/extension that allows me to "give life" to my text?
I know Photoshop has this "Created warped text" tool where you can give effects like Bulge, Inflate, Arc, Shell Upper, Wave, Twist, Fisheye, but I was looking for something beyond these basics.

Thanks all! 🙂
Xeon

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John_Joslin
Oct 17, 2007
If it must be done in Photoshop, you could right-click on the text layer to convert the text to a path or a shape which can then be manipulated to your heart’s desire.
GD
george_dingwall
Oct 17, 2007
From Photoshop CS and later, there is a filter named Liquify that allows you to get creative with distorting shapes.

I don’t have PS7 installed at the moment, and I don’t remember if PS7 had the Liquify filter.
P
Phosphor
Oct 17, 2007
Yes, Photoshop 7 has "Liquify" (funny how they used "Liquify" and not the more commonly correct version of "Liquefy."), but it doesn’t do envelopes, or work on non-rasterized text.

Anyway, Xeon…you might want to look into Human Software’s "Squizz" plugin < http://www.humansoftware.com/pages1200/Squizz/HSsquizz11.htm l>. Have a look at the OttoPaths and MagicStyles plugins while you’re at that site as well.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections