TS
Posted By
Tom_Spehert
Oct 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just bought a new Windows Vista computer. I started out many years ago with Photoshop 5.5 and have upgraded several times over the years to CS2. I was prepared to start with installing Photoshop 5.5 and then all the upgrades, in order, until I had installed CS2. The problem is 5.5 will not install on the new computer and thus all the upgrades will not install. Am I out of luck? Can I expect Adobe to help me by perhaps letting me install CS2 not as an upgrade? I tried calling Adobe but don’t have all day to wait on the phone. If all is lost any alternate ideas. I’m not going to pay Adobe to start all over. They have enough of my money already.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

I
ID._Awe
Oct 20, 2007
Tom:

Not necessary, just install CS2 and it will ask for the upgrade disk, insert the last version disk as proof and the install will continue.
JW
John_Waller
Oct 21, 2007
I was prepared to start with installing Photoshop 5.5 and then all the upgrades, in order, until I had installed CS2.

That procedure harks back to pre-2000 and I used to follow it rigorously. I’ve since realized that it’s no longer required.

As ID._Awe says, these days all you have to do is insert the latest disk and it’ll ask for evidence of an earlier qualifying version. You insert your earlier CD, CS2 verifies it then install CS2.

Regards

John Waller
BL
Bob Levine
Oct 21, 2007
Worth noting:

There was an issue with CS2 recognizing earlier versions when using a DVD drive. Happened to me when installing the suite…not sure if it was an issue for individual applications.

Bob
TS
Tom_Spehert
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks to all. Will try ASAP

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections