T
Posted By
Travis
May 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Adobe photoshop elements 4 and am reading a book tutorial that is for photoshop 7. But elements is 80/20 (80% the features of photoshop, 20% the price).

I noticed in the book they have a layer called reduce, and then they want me to press the layer mask button while that layer is selected. elements 4 does not have a layer mask button at all. As far as I know you can only use it with adjustment layers or something like that.

Is there a way I can do that? Or is that one of the 20% features that aren’t in elements that are in photoshop

-travis

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
Travis
May 15, 2006
should i be posting in alt.computer, 50,000 members can’t be wrong
C
chris
May 17, 2006
I’m fairly new to PSE4, but I believe that you’ve picked on one of the 20%ers. Note, however, that PSE4 has the ability to work around some of these (20%) features – someone with more experience will need to advise if this is possible in this case.

Cheers

Chris

PS I would have thought this is a better forum than the other you suggest.
LW
LeRoy Williams
May 18, 2006
Layer masks can be created in PSE4 by installing a third party plug-in. Google " layer mask photoshop elements" for web site.

Travis" wrote in message
I have Adobe photoshop elements 4 and am reading a book tutorial that is for photoshop 7. But elements is 80/20 (80% the features of photoshop, 20% the price).

I noticed in the book they have a layer called reduce, and then they want me to press the layer mask button while that layer is selected. elements 4 does not have a layer mask button at all. As far as I know you can only use it with adjustment layers or something like that.
Is there a way I can do that? Or is that one of the 20% features that aren’t in elements that are in photoshop

-travis
T
Travis
May 18, 2006
thanks, i do agree that this is a better group.

|Just look at the crappy response I got in alt.computer

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.computer/browse_thread/thr ead/871171ef66f724dc?hl=en

"Travis" wrote in message

-travis
C
chris
May 18, 2006
T
Travis
May 19, 2006
I should get adobe photoshop 7 or 8. which ever is newer. Can I download a trial version of it seperatly, or is it only part of the CS package (cs 2)
RG
Roy G
May 20, 2006
I should get adobe photoshop 7 or 8. which ever is newer. Can I download a trial version of it seperatly, or is it only part of the CS package (cs 2)

Hi.

Before you start thinking about getting the full Photoshop, (the latest is 9 or CS2 ), you should check out the price.

It won’t be a pleasant surprise.

Roy G
T
Travis
May 21, 2006
No, I’ll get CS2, the price isn’t a matter. Besides, I like adobe software.

"Roy G" wrote in message

Hi.

Before you start thinking about getting the full Photoshop, (the latest is 9 or CS2 ), you should check out the price.

It won’t be a pleasant surprise.

Roy G

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections