Posted By
BrianH
Apr 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Elements 5

Worked on a JPG. Saved changes, option for version set was checked. Saved version fine, showed wife what a cool feature it was. Worked for about an hour more on other photos. Tried to locate the saved file or original that I showed wife, it wasn’t to be found, even by caption, which I also added.

Went to windows expolorer (XP) found original file and new file. Went back into elements, nothing. Saved a copy of the new file, can locate and view easily in Elements and search by caption.

Go to find in Elements and there is only one version set, I have two. There is a single raw file there that thinks it is a version set, but there is only one file.

This one little incident has made me loose confidence in the whole application. Oh, ya and if I try to reimport the two files in question, it says they are allready there???????

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
BrianH
Apr 3, 2007
Update – Got tech support from Adobe, had to delete and recreate catalog. Did so, was working fine, I was organizing photos and then received an error message that I was out of disk space. Ha, have 120gb free. ????

Rebooted and went into elements, one whole folder was showing the wrong pictures, the last group I was organizing was missing 140+ photos. Went into Explorer and they were still there. Went to "Restore" feature on catalog and it fixed it. I think it is just too risky to use as an organizer, I will use the editing features, but for organizing, I no longer have trust in the application.

On Apr 1, 10:58 am, "BrianH" wrote:
Elements 5

Worked on a JPG. Saved changes, option for version set was checked. Saved version fine, showed wife what a cool feature it was. Worked for about an hour more on other photos. Tried to locate the saved file or original that I showed wife, it wasn’t to be found, even by caption, which I also added.

Went to windows expolorer (XP) found original file and new file. Went back into elements, nothing. Saved a copy of the new file, can locate and view easily in Elements and search by caption.

Go to find in Elements and there is only one version set, I have two. There is a single raw file there that thinks it is a version set, but there is only one file.

This one little incident has made me loose confidence in the whole application. Oh, ya and if I try to reimport the two files in question, it says they are allready there???????

Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections