JH
Posted By
Jim_Hess
Dec 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I went through the beta program with Photoshop CS3, and eventually installed the released version. I used the special utility Adobe made available for removing the beta. I haven’t used Photoshop CS2 at all since I made the change. So I decided to finally remove CS2 the other night. I created a system restore point as a safeguard against problems. After the removal, I discovered that Adobe Gamma was removed and that destroyed my monitor profile that I had so painstakingly worked on. I did a system restore, thinking that I could get everything back, but all I got was a message that my system had not changed. So, now I have no Adobe Gamma. Not a big problem, I guess, because I was able to use a utility that came with my video card to get my monitor to where it should be.

Additionally, Lightroom lost its association with Photoshop CS3 after I uninstalled CS2. I guess all I’m asking is what did I do wrong? Windows XP Home, 1 GB RAM, all Windows updates installed.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 9, 2007
Reinstall CS2, copy Adobe Gamma and Gamma Loader to a safe place, uninstall, and move Adobe Gamma and Gamma loader back where they were.
B
Buko
Dec 10, 2007
Or do what the pros do use a hardware calibrator.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections