JB
Posted By
Jim B
Oct 18, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a jpg file with a logo in it and background is red. (there are no layers) How do I select just the logo and save it so when I import the file to another document just the logo appears — the background is transparent.

I’m using Elements 6.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
BILL
Oct 19, 2009
"Jim B" wrote in message
I have a jpg file with a logo in it and background is red. (there are no layers) How do I select just the logo and save it so when I import the file to another document just the logo appears — the background is transparent.
I’m using Elements 6.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Select logo
copy
go to file. blank file, transparent.
paste
Bill.1>
JK
Jeffrey Kaplan
Oct 19, 2009
Previously on adobe.photoshop.elements, Jim B said:

If the background is all the same shade of red and is the ONLY shade of red in that image, use the Magic Wand to select the background, then invert the selection so that the logo is selected instead.

Do what you want with the selection.

Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org Double ROT13 encoded for your protection

DISCLAIMER: You must be present to win.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections