Uninstall CS2 after installing CS3 — any gotchas?

MB
Posted By
Michael_Brakke
Feb 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the same question about uninstalling CS2 AFTER installing CS3, but about MacOSX 10.4.11, on a MAC G5. Can I safely uninstall Creative Suite 2 AFTER installing Creative Suite 3? I have many plugins that I have updated for CS3 and am now concerned that I will have a conflict with the older versions of those plugins that are left in CS2 if I do not remove CS2.

I could not find instructions that I uninstall CS2 before installing CS3 and assumed it wise to keep an old copy just in case. Now I am worried about plugin issues though so far (1 day,) this has not been a problem.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MG
Michael_G._Reed
Feb 24, 2008
I’m afraid I cannot be much help. I did finally uninstall CS2 several months after installing CS3 and have had no problems under WinXP. But it was a more or less clean install with no old plugins to cause problems. I hope someone with more experience can help you with this.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections