Posted By
Ronald Bruck
May 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Two naive question:

1. How can I print two 5"x7" prints on a single US Letter page? Should fit, if they’re 7 inches wide and 5 inches high. But how do I do it?

2. How can I join two (or more) Photoshop canvases? You see what I’m getting at.

More generally, how can I print n copies of a picture, scaled to fit on a single sheet? There MUST be a convenient way to do this.

I’m using Photoshop CS, on a dual 2GHz G5 Macintosh running OS X 10.3 server, with an Epson R800 printer. This has me sorely puzzled, because the Epson driver doesn’t let me specify the size of the paper, free-form.

–Ron Bruck

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
bhilton665
May 14, 2004

Two naive question:

1. How can I print two 5"x7" prints on a single US Letter page? Should fit, if they’re 7 inches wide and 5 inches high. But how do I do it?

Try File > Automate > Picture Package … read the on-line Help for details.

You can also do it manually by resizing the file to 5×7" at the desired rez and putting two copies on one canvas.

2. How can I join two (or more) Photoshop canvases? You see what I’m getting at.

Couple of ways come to mind … make a new document of the desired size and then move each file separately to the new doc, or take one document and do Image > Canvas Size and enter the new dimensions to grow the current canvas, then move the other file over to it. Read up on the ‘anchor’ option (or just try a couple of the options to see what it does) and set the ‘canvas extension color’ to White.

More generally, how can I print n copies of a picture, scaled to fit on a single sheet? There MUST be a convenient way to do this.

Probably File > Automate > Picture Package is the best option. Also look at the File > Automate > Contact Sheet II option.

Bill

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections