PV
Posted By
Pep Ventosa
Sep 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to print a 13"x19" sample of a big photomontage in my Epson 1280. The document size (@300 dpi)is 51"x13". When I open the dialog box "print with preview" on PS7, the "Scaled Print Size" at 100% shows a smaller size (41.6"x10.8" which is the 81% of the document). If I try to make it bigger changing the percentage, the size never changes. If I try to make it bigger using the bounding box, then the percentage jumps down to 81% and then up while the size is increasing, so only then it shows the real numbers. Once there, if I try to print, the Printer preview shows the initial wrong size. I notice that in some other documents. Sounds familiar to somebody?
Appreciate your help.

Pep

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 12, 2003
Pep,

It has to do with the size of paper you have defined in your page setup, and the margins you have set in the driver. If you do not have "borderless" checked, the amount of margin is read by photoshop and considered in the preview.

So back to square one – what size paper have you defined in Photoshop under Page Setup?
PV
Pep Ventosa
Sep 12, 2003
YrbkMgr,
Thanks, but I try with differents sizes (I just need a sample at the actual size) and happens the same. The Page Setup does not change the problem.
Pep
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 12, 2003
I just need a sample at the actual size

Copy that portion to clipboard, then File|New accept the defaults, then Paste. Still the same problem?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections