A
Posted By
andrews
Jun 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Photoshop can I see witch colors there are in a picture? THanks for any response

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

G
gowanoh
Jun 15, 2008
For the last year I have been trying to use LCD panels for Photoshop. I have tried calibrating with both a Monaco Optix and Spyder 2 device. Colors are accurate but the prints are always too dark unless I apply an arbitrary amount of lightening using the curves or CS3 brightness slider. I would judge the difference to be at least 2 f stops.
I dug out and calibrated an old NEC CRT, which has dimmed a bit with age. However judging brightness on this old CRT yields the WYSWYG prints I am unable to achieve with the LCD without applying arbitrary pre-print tweaks. Will devices like the Spyder 3, that has a sensor for ambient room light, yield better results?
M
Monty
Jun 15, 2008
lychee’s wrote:
For the last year I have been trying to use LCD panels for Photoshop. I have tried calibrating with both a Monaco Optix and Spyder 2 device. Colors are accurate but the prints are always too dark unless I apply an arbitrary amount of lightening using the curves or CS3 brightness slider. I would judge the difference to be at least 2 f stops. I dug out and calibrated an old NEC CRT, which has dimmed a bit with age. However judging brightness on this old CRT yields the WYSWYG prints I am unable to achieve with the LCD without applying arbitrary pre-print tweaks. Will devices like the Spyder 3, that has a sensor for ambient room light, yield better results?
LCD Screens omit a brighter picture than a Crt monitor. I have a NEC spectra view monitor which I set to 130 cm/m2. I always use soft proofing in CS3 before I print.Always assuming that your monitor has calibrated correctly and is of the quality to give you the correct colour display.Spyder 3 (what I use) will calibrate for ambient light using their software.

What Lcd are you using?
C
Cryptopix
Jun 30, 2008
On Jun 16, 3:18 am, "saycheez" wrote:
For the last year I have been trying to use LCD panels for Photoshop. I have tried calibrating with both a Monaco Optix and Spyder 2 device. Colors are accurate but the prints are always too dark unless I apply an arbitrary amount of lightening using the curves or CS3 brightness slider. I would judge the difference to be at least 2 f stops.
I dug out and calibrated an old NEC CRT, which has dimmed a bit with age. However judging brightness on this old CRT yields the WYSWYG prints I am unable to achieve with the LCD without applying arbitrary pre-print tweaks. Will devices like the Spyder 3, that has a sensor for ambient room light, yield better results?

You can alter the Gamma on most LCD screens to get the brightness down.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections