G
Posted By
gr8white
Aug 31, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Seems like this should be simple but it’s driving me crazy. I want to edit an existing animated GIF and modify some text on certain frames but leave the others intact. I open the file in ImageReady and can see all the frames OK and the animation works correctly. I can’t edit the frames in IR so I switch to PS. I can see all the frames correctly. I modify the frame I want to modify then switch back to IR. Now IR for some reason decides to apply the modifications I made to one frame to other frames randomly. I go back to PS and the frames are just the way I made them.

I tried to reduce this to its simplest form to try to figure out what was happening. I opened the file in IR, went to PS, modified 3 frames just by adding a splotch of color, then went back to IR. Those 3 frames – frames 3, 4, and 5 – showed the modification, but so did frame 24! I go back to PS and frame 24 is just the way it originally was.

What am I missing here? Why isn’t this as simple as it seems it should be?

Ken

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections