EY
Posted By
Edward_Y
Dec 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever I insert my CD, the installer does not pop up, so I open up the Adobe CS4 folder at the root level of my disk and I double-click the Setup. However, the Setup does not start. Instead a window pops up saying: "Adobe Setup has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Can anyone help me with this?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bill_Lamp
Dec 18, 2008
Have you tried the trick of copying the directories, files, etc from the DVD to your hard drive and running SETUP from there?
EY
Edward_Y
Dec 18, 2008
Yes. I copied everything on the CD onto my desktop and tried to run it from there, but the same error message pops up.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 18, 2008
disconnect from the internet, restart in safe mode, make sure antivirus is disabled, try running again.
BC
Bart_Cross
Dec 18, 2008
I just had to uninstall/reinstall Dreamweaver, the installer hung out for about five minutes before anything happened, although the light on the DVD drive was blinking the whole time.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 18, 2008
I wouldn’t mind trying dreamweaver. probably be more like a toy for me though for what i do on web pages. i did install visual studio 2008 today though. w00t! 🙂
BC
Bart_Cross
Dec 20, 2008
Dave: DW is far from a toy, I’ve been using it since V1 and it has always been the best software for doing web work that I’ve come across.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 20, 2008
I hear yas! 🙂
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 20, 2008
And with the two way view you can see WYSIWYG or Code or both.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 20, 2008
I’ll stick with vs2008 or ibm rad. thanks.
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 20, 2008
If you do all your pages by hand coding I suppose anything would be a toy. While I’ve learned enough about HTML and CSS that I can track down and fix a problem, hand coding is simply not something I want to even think about.

Dreamweaver is my tool of choice pretty much because it’s the only web authoring program I’ve used, but it does everything I need it to do.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections