How do I get rid of the checkered background?

TM
Posted By
Tom Magdaleno
Sep 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open a .eps or .gif with a hollow spot Photoshop fills it with checkers. I know this is only for the display, but it is confusing when all the other programs I work with use white backgrounds.

Thanks in advance
Tom

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JS
John Slate
Sep 18, 2003
File>Preferences>Transparency & Gamut> Scroll "Grid Size" to none. It should be white by default.
PH
Photo Help
Sep 18, 2003
Edit -> Preferences -> Transparency & Gamut
Set Grid Colors To custom (Choose White).

I recommend keeping the checkers though. Without them it will make it more difficult to determine what areas are transparent.

Just because billy jumps off a bridge… 🙂
JM
John Mensinger
Sep 19, 2003
I never liked the default transparency appearance, especially at lower screen resolution. For some reason, changing the color, (I’ve grown to like light orange…<shrug>), and setting the grid size to small makes it seem less obnoxious and easier for my eye/brain to sort it from non-transparent areas.
SC
Steve Coates
Sep 19, 2003
I’ve never liked the checker board pattern, so I always match the colours and use a odd colour like orange or yellow or a neutral grey.

Steve

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections