Posted By
Isami
Mar 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all.

I was installing the trial version of CS4 (on Vista) when my power went out. When I tried to install again, I kept getting this error message:

– undefined
– The installer database is invalid: please re-install the product from the original media

I checked the log and these are the errors I picked up:

Failed to create payload session.

Unable to load fileOptions from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\faf656ef605427ee2f42989c3ad31b8\resou rces\pages\Install\Options\Options.js

Critical errors were found in setup for Adobe Photoshop CS4: Localization: missing stringID "undefined" for en_US in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\faf656ef605427ee2f42989c3ad31b8\resou rces\main.xml
Localization: missing stringID "undefined" for en_US in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\faf656ef605427ee2f42989c3ad31b8\resou rces\main.xml

I’ve tried a ton of different *solutions* to try and fix this. My attempt to uninstall via control panel failed, i got the same error message is the install. I can’t find any CS4 folders in the regedit, so that didn’t work. I downloaded windows install wizard utility, ran that, as well as the adobe cs4 cleanup script.

I manually deleted the common files > installer folder. I even uninstalled the illustrator CS4 trial.

Lastly i did a system restore.

Nothing seems to work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections