JU
Posted By
John_Umney
Mar 23, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using this combination successfully for over a month when it changed. I tried to open CS4 normally and got the error message "Could not open a scratch file because the file is locked. Use the Properties command in the Windows explorer to unlock the file". This error message is then followed by : "could not initialize Photoshop because the file is locked. Use the Properties command in the Windows explorer to unlock the file".

So I can’t open Photoshop – I have no idea what to do apart from feel very frustrated – please, please help.
John

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 23, 2009
press Ctrl+Alt+Shift immediately after starting Photoshop, if done right, you’ll get a dialog box asking you to delete the settings file. Click yes and see if that fixes your problem
JU
John_Umney
Mar 23, 2009
Beautiful, thanks so much – worked right away

So relieved, many many thanks

John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections