M
Posted By
Mike
May 26, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Installed CS5 with no major problems on a Win 7 x64. Never mind that Adobe has a way with passwords etc. (need not be so IMHO) In CS3 I had Camera Raw pop up whenever I loaded a jpg file – it took the longest time to figure out how to do the same in CS5 (bottom of preferences screen 2 items).
So far I have not been able to figure out "when" and "where" the Sidecar XMP files are created. If I use CRaw on a jpg named Xyz.jpg and then save it – will there be some sort of xyz.xmp file created some place? I have searched the entire PC and have only found Preferences.xmp and Previous.xmp on the C:\ drive. (I do all my work on a D:\ drive only) The original xyz.jpg file is also altered in size. I understood that it was to remain unchanged – since all changes were to be in the Sidecar file. ( Is it somehow jammed into the original xyz.jpg? – If so how can one undo this?)

I’m sure I’m making a big deal out of nothing. What setting(s) am I missing (besides being old)?
As a rule google is my friend. It has failed me this time – as has the hell files.
Regards,
mike

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections