C
Posted By
Chuck
Jul 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the captions in the IPTC Description field. They print fine below the large images but only in a single line. Tried to insert <br> where appropriate. This caused the caption to still print in one line with the <br>s enclosed as text. Would like to use the images for multiple photo galleries without having to manually add the <br> in Dreamweaver each time.

Any suggestions.

Chuck

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RF
Robert Feinman
Jul 2, 2004
In article <hjZEc.9397$% says…
I have the captions in the IPTC Description field. They print fine below the large images but only in a single line. Tried to insert <br> where appropriate. This caused the caption to still print in one line with the <br>s enclosed as text. Would like to use the images for multiple photo galleries without having to manually add the <br> in Dreamweaver each time.
Any suggestions.

Chuck
You can’t add html markup photoshop won’t treat it properly as you have discovered. You have to fix it later..

Robert D Feinman
Landscapes, Cityscapes and Panoramic Photographs
http://robertdfeinman.com
mail:
C
Chuck
Jul 17, 2004
Thanks Robert.

What I need, then, to accomplish my goal is either
1. a photo gallery program that will treat the IPTC as HTML and not parse out the tags, or
2. an escape character for the Photoshop parser so that it doesn’t change < to &lt; , etc. or,
3. write a translation program to change &lt; and &gt; back to <>.

Wrt #1 above, I know of one photo gallery program that satisfies this alternative … am sure there are others.

Wrt #2, i’ve tried the usual escape sequences, but none have worked.

Wrt #3, this is an easy fallback and could even be embedded in a server side code like ASP, php, etc.

The bottom line from my perspective is that PS should support #1 or #2.

Chuck

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections