DP
Posted By
Dennis_Palin
Oct 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In attempting to get familiar with image ready I have tried to open it. PS 7.01 advises me that an unknown error has occurred. I have re-loaded the program to no available cure to the problem.
XP Home
Athelon clocking at 1.2 gig
2 60 gb hard drive and loads of memory

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Oct 7, 2003
reset the prefrences per the faq.
DP
Dennis_Palin
Nov 2, 2003
Have reset the preferences per FAQ with no encouraging results. Image ready will still not open, anything you might have is appreciated
Dennis
L
LenHewitt
Nov 2, 2003
Dennis,

Have you checked out http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/6712.htm
DS
dan_sharoon
Nov 3, 2003
Hello,I’m having the same problem….
Image Ready will not load.
I made a full clean install (no change in prefs) but still Image ready won’t fully load and then closes down (no error message given)

I tried to reset all prefs but after doing so – no change. I tried to uninstall and reinstall on my second HD – same results.

PS works just fine but ImageReady simply won’t fully load….

any other ides?
Thanks.
DS
dan_sharoon
Nov 3, 2003
I forgot to mention I’m talking about CS version.
winxp, 1GB ram, 2.4 cpu
L
LenHewitt
Nov 3, 2003
Dan,

Until my CS arrives, I wouldn’t even hazard a guess…
M
MCGARR
Dec 25, 2003
Dennis,
I had this very same problem as you described. I am using Photoshop CS. This may work for you. I tried everything else. Nothing worked, then I fixed it myself. Thumbs up for me. Hope this works for you.
I have fixed my start up problem with image ready. Loads just fine. This fix worked for me:
In Win XP go to your explorer folder on C:
Open up your programs folder
Open up Photoshop CS. When you double click this folder it opens up. Here I saw a driver file (Image Ready Res.dll).
I then opened the plug-ins folder in photoshop and this is where Image Ready Only folder resides. I then dragged the Image Ready Res. dll driver to the Image ready only folder.
I tried to open image ready and it opened up no problems. I guess on the instillation of Photoshop CS the program installed the .dll in the wrong folder.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections