Posted By
MrThingy
Aug 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This problem has only recently happened with my copy of Photoshop 7.0.1

Basically, it sometimes won’t even open files. When it does, if I try and draw a brushtroke across the canvas, within a split-second, it has been removed! I’ve never come across anything like this.

It also won’t save files.

Is this a file permissions issue? Most of the files are being run off my machine and are owned by me.

I’ve tried completely uninstalling, deleting all the Photoshop presets left over (e.g., C:\Documents and Settings\Local
Settings\Adobe\Photoshop), and re-installing.

But it’s still doing it, making it impossible to edit files. 🙁

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

W
wnor
Aug 14, 2004
Have you tried resetting photoshop preferences yet? Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Del as you start photoshop and say yes to the window that comes up.

MrThingy …
This problem has only recently happened with my copy of Photoshop 7.0.1
Basically, it sometimes won’t even open files. When it does, if I try and draw a brushtroke across the canvas, within a split-second, it has been removed! I’ve never come across anything like this.
It also won’t save files.

Is this a file permissions issue? Most of the files are being run off my machine and are owned by me.

I’ve tried completely uninstalling, deleting all the Photoshop presets left over (e.g., C:\Documents and Settings\Local
Settings\Adobe\Photoshop), and re-installing.

But it’s still doing it, making it impossible to edit files. 🙁
J
jjs
Aug 14, 2004
"Wesley Norman" wrote in message
Have you tried resetting photoshop preferences yet? Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Del as you start photoshop and say yes to the window that comes up.

That’s mean.

Alt+Control+Shift is the sequence.
W
wnor
Aug 14, 2004
Sorry, didn’t mean for it to be what I typed. I would never do that to anyone on purpose. Thanks for the correction.

"jjs" …

That’s mean.

Alt+Control+Shift is the sequence.
J
jjs
Aug 15, 2004
Sorry, didn’t mean for it to be what I typed. I would never do that to anyone on purpose. Thanks for the correction.

I just tried Alt+Control+Shift when starting CS on my new XP tablet PC and it doesn’t work. 🙁 So, somewhere between Adobe and the wintel cloud there’s a conflict or something. 🙁
M
MrThingy
Aug 16, 2004
That seems to have done the trick!

Thanks guys. 🙂

jjs wrote:

I just tried Alt+Control+Shift when starting CS on my new XP tablet PC and it doesn’t work. 🙁 So, somewhere between Adobe and the wintel cloud there’s a conflict or something. 🙁

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections