Where to read about different graphic formats?

BR
Posted By
brankovukelic_removethis_
Dec 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wanted to know where I could find technical data on various graphic formats. I am particularly interested in TIFF, PNG, JPEG (all versions of it).

Any on-line resources?

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

D
Dave
Dec 19, 2003
"Branko Vukeli
BR
brankovukelic_removethis_
Dec 19, 2003
Thanks, but I’ve been there already. Tooo many links both wide and deep. I’m not too proud having to admit that I can never stay on a site that has so many links on a single page.

However, I was able to find this seemingly complete source on the topic. "Seemingly" because I haven’t read through it yet, but the systematic list of formats seems promissing. Here’s the link for those interested:

http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/mxr/gfx/2d-hi.html

Thanks, again, for the effort.

Dave wrote:
"Branko Vukeli??" wrote in message

I wanted to know where I could find technical data on various graphic formats. I am particularly interested in TIFF, PNG, JPEG (all versions of it).

Any on-line resources?

Thanks!

About.com has a load of information about many subjects – go there any do a search for what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

David

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections