print multiple images on one sheet

Search   Help    Register    Login   Home
Sun, 27 January 2008 14:28 Go to next message
Marc4ucb (Photoshop begginer)
I have Photoshop CS3 Extended
How can I print 4 seperate images on the same 81/2" X 11" sheet of
paper.
Sun, 27 January 2008 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave[30] (Photoshop expert)
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:28:02 -0800 (PST), Marc4ucb
<marc4ucb@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have Photoshop CS3 Extended
>How can I print 4 seperate images on the same 81/2" X 11" sheet of
>paper.


Only keep on putting the same sheet of paper back in the printer of
course..:-)

Joking - there is many ways of which one is to open all of them on
different layers and drag/move them to the same layer and resize it
with Ctrl/T or so.
You can also copy them and paste them to the layer where you want it.
More ways is to be found in the help file.

Dave
Sun, 27 January 2008 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nomail (Photoshop expert)
Marc4ucb <marc4ucb@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have Photoshop CS3 Extended
> How can I print 4 seperate images on the same 81/2" X 11" sheet of
> paper.

The only way to do this is to create a new document with those four
images on it, and then print this document. Fortunately, Photoshop can
do this for you automatically. Choose 'File - Automate - Picture
Package'.


--
Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
Mon, 28 January 2008 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Passaneau (Advanced Photoshop user)
Dave <d@d.durbs> wrote in news:61opp3hsqchnbtjablg976um903maeufkg@4ax.com:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:28:02 -0800 (PST), Marc4ucb
> <marc4ucb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I have Photoshop CS3 Extended
>>How can I print 4 seperate images on the same 81/2" X 11" sheet of
>>paper.
>
>
> Only keep on putting the same sheet of paper back in the printer of
> course..:-)
>
> Joking - there is many ways of which one is to open all of them on
> different layers and drag/move them to the same layer and resize it
> with Ctrl/T or so.
> You can also copy them and paste them to the layer where you want it.
> More ways is to be found in the help file.
>
> Dave
>
>

Also look at Qimage software. Makes doing this a snap.

John Passaneau
Mon, 28 January 2008 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JD (Photoshop expert)
Marc4ucb wrote:
> I have Photoshop CS3 Extended
> How can I print 4 seperate images on the same 81/2" X 11" sheet of
> paper.

If you want to do this when you print them out then print them one at a
time and place them on different places on the paper. I do this all the
time to save paper. For example, if I have two 3.5 X 5 inch pictures I
want to print, I print the first one with .25 inch borders on the paper
and then print the second one with a .25 inch left border and a 4 inch
top border on the paper.

--
JD..
Mon, 04 February 2008 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sylvia M (Photoshop begginer)
"Marc4ucb" <marc4ucb@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:e3b0df55-bb48-4855-b17b-9fde11d16faf@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>I have Photoshop CS3 Extended
> How can I print 4 seperate images on the same 81/2" X 11" sheet of
> paper.

I put 4 photos , usually of my oil paintings, into my greeting card
program, selecting one each on front and back, and 2 for inside right
and left or one double fold card.
Print-out are 4 photos ready for cutting out, with no hassle as to
resizing,

Sylvia M.
Mon, 04 February 2008 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Passaneau (Advanced Photoshop user)
"Sylvia M" <xxxnotxxx.nsmol@invalid.com> wrote in news:13qdeoc78kpnf09
@corp.supernews.com:

>
> "Marc4ucb" <marc4ucb@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e3b0df55-bb48-4855-b17b-9fde11d16faf@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>>I have Photoshop CS3 Extended
>> How can I print 4 seperate images on the same 81/2" X 11" sheet of
>> paper.
>
> I put 4 photos , usually of my oil paintings, into my greeting card
> program, selecting one each on front and back, and 2 for inside right
> and left or one double fold card.
> Print-out are 4 photos ready for cutting out, with no hassle as to
> resizing,
>
> Sylvia M.
>
>
>

Hi
Look at a program called Qimage, it's a standalone program for printing
pictures and it does printing of more than one picture on a page very well.
Either all the same or all different. They can even be all different sizes.


John Passaneau
Wed, 06 February 2008 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe (Photoshop expert)
John Passaneau <w3jxp@arrl.net> wrote:

> "Sylvia M" <xxxnotxxx.nsmol@invalid.com> wrote in news:13qdeoc78kpnf09
> @corp.supernews.com:
>
> >
> > "Marc4ucb" <marc4ucb@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:e3b0df55-bb48-4855-b17b-9fde11d16faf@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> >>I have Photoshop CS3 Extended
> >> How can I print 4 seperate images on the same 81/2" X 11" sheet of
> >> paper.
> >
> > I put 4 photos , usually of my oil paintings, into my greeting card
> > program, selecting one each on front and back, and 2 for inside right
> > and left or one double fold card.
> > Print-out are 4 photos ready for cutting out, with no hassle as to
> > resizing,
> >
> > Sylvia M.
> >
> >
> >
>
> Hi
> Look at a program called Qimage, it's a standalone program for printing
> pictures and it does printing of more than one picture on a page very well.
> Either all the same or all different. They can even be all different sizes.

I don't know why you want QImage when Photoshop not only do fine but do
better. Since you prefer QImage, I wonder if QImage has the option not to
squeeze the image to specific ratio which is a big no no.

No, I am not a QImage user but I have noticed that problem on 2 versions
years ago and years apart.

> John Passaneau
Wed, 06 February 2008 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Passaneau (Advanced Photoshop user)
>> Hi
>> Look at a program called Qimage, it's a standalone program for
>> printing pictures and it does printing of more than one picture on a
>> page very well. Either all the same or all different. They can even
>> be all different sizes.
>
> I don't know why you want Qimage when Photoshop not only do fine
> but do
> better. Since you prefer Qimage, I wonder if Qimage has the option
> not to squeeze the image to specific ratio which is a big no no.
>
> No, I am not a QImage user but I have noticed that problem on 2
> versions
> years ago and years apart.
>
>> John Passaneau
>

Hi:

I like Qimage allot and use it almost exclusively for printing. In side by
side tests I think my pictures look better printed from Qimage. There is an
option to let Qimage crop your pictures to make them fit a format, which I
would never use. Other wise it reduces the image until it fits in the
selected format leaving white space around it. Or the image can be made to
span more than one page. The only use I see for this is to do a quick check
to see how a image will look when printed bigger or just for the gee-wiz of
it. I cant find anyplace that Qimage will change the aspic ratio of an
image to make it fit a specific format. It is color managed, and sends your
picture to the printer at the native resolution of the printer. I started
using Qimage because of the strangeness that was put into printing with
Photoshop C3 and after using it I dont use Photoshop to print at all. It
would be nice if Adobe would fix the printing in Photoshop but I think I
would still use Qimage just for the flexibility of printing more than one
image or mixed images in mixed sizes on one sheet of paper. By the way if
you do panoramas and your printer has a length limit, Qimage can fix that,
and lets you print at any length.

John Passaneau
Wed, 06 February 2008 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe (Photoshop expert)
John Passaneau <w3jxp@arrl.net> wrote:

> >> Hi
> >> Look at a program called Qimage, it's a standalone program for
> >> printing pictures and it does printing of more than one picture on a
> >> page very well. Either all the same or all different. They can even
> >> be all different sizes.
> >
> > I don't know why you want Qimage when Photoshop not only do fine
> > but do
> > better. Since you prefer Qimage, I wonder if Qimage has the option
> > not to squeeze the image to specific ratio which is a big no no.
> >
> > No, I am not a QImage user but I have noticed that problem on 2
> > versions
> > years ago and years apart.
> >
> >> John Passaneau
> >
>
> Hi:
>
> I like Qimage allot and use it almost exclusively for printing. In side by
> side tests I think my pictures look better printed from Qimage. There is an
> option to let Qimage crop your pictures to make them fit a format, which I
> would never use. Other wise it reduces the image until it fits in the
> selected format leaving white space around it. Or the image can be made to
> span more than one page. The only use I see for this is to do a quick check
> to see how a image will look when printed bigger or just for the gee-wiz of
> it. I can’t find anyplace that Qimage will change the aspic ratio of an
> image to make it fit a specific format. It is color managed, and sends your
> picture to the printer at the native resolution of the printer. I started
> using Qimage because of the strangeness that was put into printing with
> Photoshop C3 and after using it I don’t use Photoshop to print at all. It
> would be nice if Adobe would fix the printing in Photoshop but I think I
> would still use Qimage just for the flexibility of printing more than one
> image or mixed images in mixed sizes on one sheet of paper. By the way if
> you do panoramas and your printer has a length limit, Qimage can fix that,
> and lets you print at any length.
>
> John Passaneau

Here, I have heard how good QImage is so I have tested 2 versions, and I
just don't see any difference. But I have noticed all photos got some
distortion, and because I tested so I pay closer attention to the result.

And I kinda like the ARCSoft Photo Printer Pro. came with my Epson printer
more than QImage. It was many years ago, and I don't have it now.

BTW, I am a professional photographer who retouch for printing, and I do
all my printing at photolab which is cheaper and last longer than ink &
paper.
Wed, 06 February 2008 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Passaneau (Advanced Photoshop user)
> Here, I have heard how good QImage is so I have tested 2
> versions, and I
> just don't see any difference. But I have noticed all photos got some
> distortion, and because I tested so I pay closer attention to the
> result.
>
> And I kinda like the ARCSoft Photo Printer Pro. came with my
> Epson printer
> more than QImage. It was many years ago, and I don't have it now.
>
> BTW, I am a professional photographer who retouch for printing,
> and I do
> all my printing at photolab which is cheaper and last longer than ink
> & paper.
>

Hi:
Well I don't earn my living from photography, but I've been an active
photographer since 1970, and had my own color darkroom from 1972 until I
switched to digital. I've had photos published in the New York Times twice
and also in the Journal of Science Ive published articles on photo
techniques. Also the Cranbrook museum near Detroit had 6 of my prints on
display for years. One of the beauties of photography is that there is no
one right way to do anything. Anyone who uses Photoshop should know that. I
like the results I get and my audience likes my results and that is what
counts. I put out my opinion on Qimage when I see someone having a problem
that I think it might solve. I don't own stock nor am I paid by them, I'm
just trying to help.

73

John Passaneau

PS: The latest testing for longevity, shows that pigment inkjet prints on
good paper, last about twice as long as conventional wet color prints, even
longer than Cibrachrome.
Thu, 07 February 2008 02:18 Go to previous message
Joe (Photoshop expert)
John Passaneau <w3jxp@arrl.net> wrote:

> > Here, I have heard how good QImage is so I have tested 2
> > versions, and I
> > just don't see any difference. But I have noticed all photos got some
> > distortion, and because I tested so I pay closer attention to the
> > result.
> >
> > And I kinda like the ARCSoft Photo Printer Pro. came with my
> > Epson printer
> > more than QImage. It was many years ago, and I don't have it now.
> >
> > BTW, I am a professional photographer who retouch for printing,
> > and I do
> > all my printing at photolab which is cheaper and last longer than ink
> > & paper.
> >
>
> Hi:
> Well I don't earn my living from photography, but I've been an active
> photographer since 1970, and had my own color darkroom from 1972 until I
> switched to digital. I've had photos published in the New York Times twice
> and also in the Journal of Science I’ve published articles on photo
> techniques. Also the Cranbrook museum near Detroit had 6 of my prints on
> display for years. One of the beauties of photography is that there is no
> one right way to do anything. Anyone who uses Photoshop should know that. I
> like the results I get and my audience likes my results and that is what
> counts. I put out my opinion on Qimage when I see someone having a problem
> that I think it might solve. I don't own stock nor am I paid by them, I'm
> just trying to help.

I started photography sometime in early 60's but never owned a darkroom
myself, cuz I came from the third world and darkroom wasn't available to
anyone but few labs. When I came to America around 40 years ago, I was
thinking to set up a darkroom, but too busy with life (studying English,
enjoying programming, worked for living, traveling, and lot more..) to think
about darkroom (but the idea is still in my mind for decades).

I don't against your opinion, I just happened to test them, noticed the
ratio issue, and I just report what I saw.

> 73
>
> John Passaneau
>
> PS: The latest testing for longevity, shows that pigment inkjet prints on
> good paper, last about twice as long as conventional wet color prints, even
> longer than Cibrachrome.

When photolab was so expensive I used to do lot of printing myself (I
still have around 20-30 boxes of Glossy Photo Paper I bought 6-7 years ago).
And few weeks ago, while waiting for my precription I looked at some HP
Premium paper it said the color will last for more than 100 years. But I
don't think I will live that long to enjoy its longevity. BTW, I know many
of my old photos printed with Epson Stylis Photo already faded pretty bad.
Create a new topic Submit Reply
Goto Forum:

Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop techniques & help
Photoshop for Windows
Photoshop for Mac
Technical questions

Photoshop Elements

Adobe Photoshop Elements