Tue, 28 December 2004 18:14
>How can I type something (like "Gina") and have just the outline of the
>font so that I can fill it with the pattern
Here is a perhaps inelegant, but quick way.
1. If you do not already have the desired pattern, create it from
an existing image by selecting a "cell" for the pattern, then
Edit/Define pattern, give it a name and save.
2. On a blank image of appropriate size, use the Type tool
to print the desired word or phrase in the font and size of your
3. Select the type with the magic wand with Contiguous deselected.
All the type should now be selected. Rasterize the type. You now
have an area of bitmap selected.
4. Fill it with the selected pattern: Edit/Fill, choose Pattern and select
your previously saved pattern.
5. The filled area is already selected. Just copy it and apply it to the
image of your choosing.
Just tried it. It works.