Ugly dk. pink color for white in PS 7

Search   Help    Register    Login   Home
Sun, 22 March 2009 22:54 Go to next message
Jerry Cargile (Photoshop begginer)
Hi,

I just installed a different motherboard and after reinstalling
Photoshop 7 I open a new canvas and instead of being white like I
checked, it's a dark pinish color. I have tried to change the color
settings and all that I've tried has not changed this substitution for
white. Also, in the swatches menu, about 90% of them are this same ugly
pink color.

I have also reinstalled Photoshop several times, although I didn't
delete the old one that was still on the drive it was on before I
changed motherboards.

I would appreciate any help that I can get in solving this problem.

Thanks,

Jerry
...
Mon, 23 March 2009 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D-Mac (Photoshop begginer)
Jerry Cargile wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a different motherboard and after reinstalling
> Photoshop 7 I open a new canvas and instead of being white like I
> checked, it's a dark pinish color. I have tried to change the color
> settings and all that I've tried has not changed this substitution for
> white. Also, in the swatches menu, about 90% of them are this same ugly
> pink color.
>
> I have also reinstalled Photoshop several times, although I didn't
> delete the old one that was still on the drive it was on before I
> changed motherboards.
>
> I would appreciate any help that I can get in solving this problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry
> ..

If you didn't know how to set your PC up after installing a "different"
motherboard, why on earth did you do it?

It goes like this... Peanuts in monkey shit out. Learn about how a
motherboard works and and why it needs "drivers" to drive things like
graphics engines and then either take it to a technician and pay to have
it fixed or format your hard drive and start all over again.
Mon, 23 March 2009 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Russell (Photoshop expert)
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:54:10 -0500, Jerry Cargile wrote:

> just installed a different motherboard and after reinstalling
> Photoshop 7 I open a new canvas and instead of being white

See if this helps:
http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/558576 -photoshop-white-not-white.html
http://tinyurl.com/ctwjvb
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
Mon, 23 March 2009 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Cargile (Photoshop begginer)
<snip>

D-Mac wrote:

>
> If you didn't know how to set your PC up after installing a "different"
> motherboard, why on earth did you do it?
>
> It goes like this... Peanuts in monkey shit out. Learn about how a
> motherboard works and and why it needs "drivers" to drive things like
> graphics engines and then either take it to a technician and pay to have
> it fixed or format your hard drive and start all over again.


Peanuts,

What kind of advice is that!!!

You are probably the new smartass of this group, but I can't understand
why you even answered my post unless it was just to troll....I suspect
that I've hit the nail on the head.

Jerry
...
Mon, 23 March 2009 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Cargile (Photoshop begginer)
Mike Russell wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:54:10 -0500, Jerry Cargile wrote:
>
>> just installed a different motherboard and after reinstalling
>> Photoshop 7 I open a new canvas and instead of being white
>
> See if this helps:
> http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/558576 -photoshop-white-not-white.html
> http://tinyurl.com/ctwjvb


Thanks for the links for help, Mike. I saw some others there that were
experiencing similar problems and solved them by doing the following:

"A lot of Photoshop problems can be fixed by dumping the preferences
file: While launching Photoshop, Hold down Alt+Ctrl+shift on the PC or
Cmd+Option+Shift on the mac. When asked to reset the preferences say yes."

I finally solved my problem by going to the display settings of the
graphics card and deleting the monitor setting ind the color management
tab and selecting the adobe setting.

I do appreciate your answer and help, Mike...thank you very much.

Jerry
...
Mon, 23 March 2009 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Russell (Photoshop expert)
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 03:19:01 -0500, Jerry Cargile wrote:

> I finally solved my problem by going to the display settings of the
> graphics card and deleting the monitor setting ind the color management
> tab and selecting the adobe setting.

Sounds like a possible problem with the monitor profile from the
manufacturer. You may want to simply get some work done now that your
monitor is set up reasonably well.

FWIW, here are a couple of thoughts for further improvement. If you
selected Adobe RGB as your monitor profile, I'd recommend that you instead
use sRGB. If your monitor has an sRGB setting, use it.

I would also try to look for a newer profile from the monitor manufacturer,
as they may have responded by now to others having problems with the
shipped profile.

A display calibration device can provide a good monitor profile, however
the cost is significant, and may not be justified for a single monitor
setup.

> I do appreciate your answer and help, Mike...thank you very much.

You're more than welcome.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
Mon, 23 March 2009 17:52 Go to previous message
Jerry Cargile (Photoshop begginer)
Thanks again for some more good advice, Mike.

Jerry
...

Mike Russell wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 03:19:01 -0500, Jerry Cargile wrote:
>
>> I finally solved my problem by going to the display settings of the
>> graphics card and deleting the monitor setting ind the color management
>> tab and selecting the adobe setting.
>
> Sounds like a possible problem with the monitor profile from the
> manufacturer. You may want to simply get some work done now that your
> monitor is set up reasonably well.
>
> FWIW, here are a couple of thoughts for further improvement. If you
> selected Adobe RGB as your monitor profile, I'd recommend that you instead
> use sRGB. If your monitor has an sRGB setting, use it.
>
> I would also try to look for a newer profile from the monitor manufacturer,
> as they may have responded by now to others having problems with the
> shipped profile.
>
> A display calibration device can provide a good monitor profile, however
> the cost is significant, and may not be justified for a single monitor
> setup.
>
>> I do appreciate your answer and help, Mike...thank you very much.
>
> You're more than welcome.
Create a new topic Submit Reply
Goto Forum:

Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop techniques & help
Photoshop for Windows
Photoshop for Mac
Technical questions

Photoshop Elements

Adobe Photoshop Elements