Posted By
tmuldoon
Dec 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have been tasked to take a bunch of large images (1 MB) and reduce them down to about 50-100kb. All are jpegs.

Does either paintshop pro or photoshop do this?

Right now, I only have Photoshop 5.0 – old!

Is there another simpler freeware/shareware program that will do what I am asking?

Would someone be able to point me to a link or site of how to do this on Photoshop or PaintShop Pro? (Me thinks it will to be too expensive to upgrapde my PS – so I might check out Paintshop pro…but it has to batch!)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Tmuld.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
broga
Dec 23, 2003
You could try Irfanview
Files>Batch conversion
Tick the advanced options box and reduce the quality

www.micromountain.com
"Tavish Muldoon" wrote in message
Hello,

I have been tasked to take a bunch of large images (1 MB) and reduce them down to about 50-100kb. All are jpegs.

Is there another simpler freeware/shareware program that will do what I am asking?

Would someone be able to point me to a link or site of how to do this on Photoshop or PaintShop Pro? (Me thinks it will to be too expensive to upgrapde my PS – so I might check out Paintshop pro…but it has to batch!)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Tmuld.
J
Jasper
Dec 23, 2003
The easiest way might be to download a little freebie called Irfanview (do a search). You can set it up to do batch resizes fairly easily although you might have to target a percentage rather that a final file size. Find Batch Conversion in the menus and then look for the Advanced options.

Jasper

Hello,

Any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Tmuld.
SI
stupid_idiot
Dec 24, 2003
I beg to differ….even 5.0 had the web gallery feature. Use that to resize your images.

"Jasper" wrote in message
The easiest way might be to download a little freebie called Irfanview (do a search). You can set it up to do batch resizes fairly easily although you might have to target a percentage rather that a final file size. Find Batch Conversion in the menus and then look for the Advanced options.
Jasper

Hello,

Any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Tmuld.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections